Optional Coils for a Prizm III

Harley-Dog

What other coils will fit a White's Prizm III. The coil I currently have is what came on the unit right out of the box. I'm looking for a larger diameter coil to increase depth. Anyone know what's available? Thanx.

Harley-Dog

Jimmy Sierra makes the Big Foot coil for a Prizm. Check it out. Other than the Big Foot, the stock one, and the one SkiWhiz told you about there are none. It's a shame really. The Prizm is a great machine with alot of potential. Whites has sold enough of the to realize that they are popular enough to statrt making some coils. I would like to see a DD coil.

http://www.jimmysierra.com/loopsZ.htm

Not cheap at $225, but worth it.

I wish! I was an inch away from ordering one, and I have decided to get a new machine, then I'll get a bigfoot for that one. A friend has one and they work GREAT! Well worth the money in my opinion.

I was seriously contemplating purchasing a Big Foot for my Prizm III. However, last night at our meeting, I was asking the guys, many who have 30 years of experience, about it. They said it wouldn't be worth it to me. I find lots of goodies with the coil it came with, but I sure wish they made a smaller one, like a spider coil for it.
Trudy

The description I got from Whites's about the Prizm 9.5 inch coil stated that the coverage is greater than the stock Prizm 8-inch coil (due to larger diameter) and that the gain in depth is about an inch.

I purchased one... it works great, is easy to pinpoint with (I think the open center design makes it a little simpler), but I haven't used it extensively enough to estimate the practical benefits in the hunting I do.

Back
Top Bottom