Fisher F4, Garrett Ace 350 or Minelab Xterra 305? Cannot decide!

I am not a fan of the stock garrett belltone, plus you get 4 tone audio, discrimination and a numeric id. Lightweight and I believe it ships with the bigger DD coil

Is there a Reason towards the f4

The f4 is essentially a f2 with a 11" coil and few dif options imo and not worth the extra 200 when you could get an.f2 with 3 coils for cheaper.. Same with the 350 I think its just a 250 with a DD coil. Ive heard good things about the 305 but cant say ive ever used one though, my advice would be to try watching some youtube videos on the machines you might be interested in and see which one you think might suit you.. Goodluck

The 305 has manual GB in all modes, the 350 has none and the F4 only GB's in all metal but not in disc.
If that is a feature you would want, along with all the other features it has the 305 is the one.
If you don't think it is necessary, and still want a unit with actual VDI numbers, I would go for the multiple coil F2 or a Euro Tek Pro....or the 305 at that higher price.

Love the 350, & it really is a great 1st detector! The F4 & xterra have more opt. though...GL

The F4. The ace series aren't great. The AT pro is the way to go if you really want a Garrett. But it does cost more.

I'm pretty sure that the Ground Balance on the F4 works in all modes, it just has to be in all metal mode when you do the manual ground balance- then you can switch to Discrimination or notch modes while balanced up.

I haven't used a 305, but the ace series is really ho-hum, they're functional. The Fisher F line is a good quality product with a 5 year warranty.

Have had the f2 and f4. I would go with a f2 as my first detector. the screen is way smaller on the f4 compared to the f2.

Out of the ones you mentioned I would go for the Minelab Xterra 305 another good option is the Teknetics EuroTek Pro. The EuroTek Pro isn't as expensive and I find it to do a better job on lower conductors such as jewelry.

Back
Top Bottom