Etrac or alternative

detectorboy

Hi everybody. I have my heart set on a new Etrac and the funds to pay for it. I am currently using an ace250. My question is; what are the alternatives at the Etracs price point that I should be considering? Thanks in advance.

If your heart is set on the Etrac then buy it. You can always sell or trade it in if you do not like it.
The Whites V3i would be another machine to consider.

Hi everybody. I have my heart set on a new Etrac and the funds to pay for it. I am currently using an ace250. My question is; what are the alternatives at the Etracs price point that I should be considering? Thanks in advance.

Can't offer suggestions without knowing what you want to hunt for and what environment you plan to hunt in.

Thanks, I will investigate the whites. I borrowed a whites mxt or dfx? I think once and really enjoyed it over the garrett. it was heavier but swung better and felt lighter over time.
The detector will be for relics and coins mainly. I have a surfmaster PI already.
I am in New Zealand and hear great feedback about minelabs. Whites over here are not common, and there are no metal detector retailers in my city.

Thanks, I will investigate the whites. I borrowed a whites mxt or dfx? I think once and really enjoyed it over the garrett. it was heavier but swung better and felt lighter over time.
The detector will be for relics and coins mainly. I have a surfmaster PI already.
I am in New Zealand and hear great feedback about minelabs. Whites over here are not common, and there are no metal detector retailers in my city.

If whites aernt common than maybe go to the etrac. 1. you have your heart set on it 2. maybe easier to pair up with another minelab user if they are more common than the whites.

I am a whites guy and I have a etrac. But I too have made the mistake in the past of wanting something and settling for something else and whishing I never did.

Etrac

The etrac is a nice machine, if you don't want to spend 1600.00 than buy a used one, an alternative is a Teknetics 8000, I enjoy that machine to , along with the F75se and euro tek pro, it depends on were you are hunting, and what your after, for coins the omega 8000 is a good upgrade choice, for a 3rd of the cost, with a 5 year warranty, relics the F75se, coins Omega 8000 or etrac , iron infested , high crime unsafe areas the Euro Tek pro I will run, I do like FE & Co #s on the etrac, great machine, if you don't mind spending the bread, Earl

Thanks for all your advice so far. my knowledge is a bit out of date. recently i havnt been keeping a close eye on detector development. Thus hadn't looked at teknetics detectors, or the ctx3030. Last time I seriously looked at upgrading was when the F75s were going for stupid money on ebay, and the Etrac was the detector to have.

Ok Decision made. After speaking to Bart at Bigboyshobbies I have purchased an XP Deus. Bart listened to my requirements and advised it would be very suitable for my needs. The wireless headphones were a big plus for me, as it tend to get all tangled up at the most embarrassing times. Thanks everybody.

Ok Decision made. After speaking to Bart at Bigboyshobbies I have purchased an XP Deus. Bart listened to my requirements and advised it would be very suitable for my needs. The wireless headphones were a big plus for me, as it tend to get all tangled up at the most embarrassing times. Thanks everybody.

excellent choice. I love the XP its nasty fast. 1000 times light years ahead of a etrac in speed

Glad we could help! That is what we are here for!

Back
Top Bottom