T2SE in Boost vs Higher 1+ Sens?

AJinNJ

Forum Supporter
What's the difference between

Using the T2SE in Boost with a lower sens (60's)

vs

1+ with a higher sens without boost

Or do some just use boost in high grass and to check iffy signals?

I don't use boost often at all. In the snow and tall grass. On occasion I will use it to check deep hits, but never as a primary hunting mode. It becomes rather erratic.

I hunt 99 sensitivity and 0 disc which sort of is a boost in gain, by adding bP to that my machine becomes noisy. It is great in tall grass though

I always used boost on my LTD, just to increase the range of detection...in the rough, I'd pick up targets off the nose of the coil...next to rocks, under or next to logs, sometimes at the end of a swing you hear that beep...move over another 5 inches and you pick up the target clearly now...in smooth terrain you can cover ground faster with a wider swing. Try various set ups until you find what works best for you, we all have different hunting styles and, running Tek/Fisher platforms...tolerance for chatter:lol:

boost has slower recovery and wider data sampling. average swing speed.
no boost is a short/peak data sampling with fast recovery. fast swing speed is deeper more accurate.

sensitivity is max at 0 disc and 50 disc. it decreases to 49 disc then jumps back to max at 50 disc. goes down again after that but less than the 0-49 decline.

a sens of 70 at 0 or 50 disc regular is about same as sens 70 w/49 disc in boost.

its nice to have disc and sensitivity adjustments with or without boost to adjust for any site.

i liked sens 85 disc 21 in boost. don't forget the boost carry over to all metal for insanely deep relic hunting!

Back
Top Bottom