Coils between different detector brands

Rookiepilot

Hey Everyone,
I have a question regarding coils I was hoping you could answer. I have an Ace 250 and my girlfriend a Fisher F2. The connectors for the coils seem to be the same so my question is whether coils can be interchanged between the two detectors without damaging any components. I am just not sure if each manufacturer wires their coils differently even if they use the same coil connectors. I have searched the internet for the answer but was not able to find anything useful. Thanks in advance for any help. It is always greatly appreciated.

Metal detectors, are tuned circuits. The coils have to match pretty close to the design specifications, even if the connectors are wired the same. If it doesn't match the design, it won't work very well, probably not much depth. I'm no coil expert, mostly avoid electronic projects requiring hand wound coils, just because it can be difficult and time consuming to get them just right.

I have to agree with the above. Personally I would not try it, but that does not mean that it doesn't work.... I would be worried about the power differences in the machines.. they make take different batteries and each circuit is finely tuned to its power source.

Thanks guys for your input.
I didn't want to try try it before asking and I figured it wouldn't work but hey it was worth asking. Thanks again and happy hunting.

Back
Top Bottom