• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

kronee

Its from Norway. At that date cupro-nickel and I think its about 30 cents but I haven't been to Norway in years so you should check the value with an on line currancy converter.

sorry i have misplaced the coin im pretty good about keeping things in place it may be a country other than norway by the way my wife is second generation finnish

I don't think the Finns ever went in for coinage with holes and the currency is the markka, based on the Russian ruble.

Brian said:
I don't think the Finns ever went in for coinage with holes and the currency is the markka, based on the Russian ruble.

We did have some holed coins during wartime. I was wondering about this coin as according to some numismatic sites they issued 2 Krone coins until 1917.
And whether Markka was based on rouble is subject to discussion... ;)

Voriax

Based on the rouble according to Russia....but then the winners always write history to suit them.
I see Finnland was trying to get the U.K. working week opt out overturned (60 hours). Seems everyone in Britain is desperate to work six ten hour days. Funny thing is not many living here really want to put in those hours but our rulers don't pay much attention to the workers.

In Sweden, they have Kroner's. Don't know if that's the same thing or not. But if it's not Swedish I would most definitely think it is from a norweigen country. And in Sweden, the Kroner's are still made today.

wish i could post a picture but i dont seem to have a print program anymore they were on a trial basis when i got the computer a dell with windows xp when i buy a program i will post it :!: :!:

Press Start/programs/assessories

The program is named Paint.

(Very basic - but free program) - I would recommend Paintshop pro which can be downloaded as a 30 day trial on the internet.

/Steffen

Comcast photoshow is free, go to their website www.comcast.net. Corel has a lot of free trials, think it is called Adobe now as they were bought out. Picasa is another one. Hope this helps :yes:

Back
Top Bottom