Questions Regarding Dual Target ID on the CTX

Greek2Me

Forum Supporter
I am new to the CTX and have searched but I can not find the subject.

My question is, when running a wide open screen like GoneHuntings settings, why am I constantly getting 2 circles on my screen? One is in coin range and the other will be bottom right in iron range. Both of these circles are hollow and no trace lines are showing. Is this possibly iron falsing or wrap around? Is it only when the circle fills with color that there are actually 2 targets under the coil?

Thanks for any help.
G2M

IIRC, you need to be in ferrous-coin with target trace turned on to take advantage of this.

Typically if you get the blue blob in the bottom right hand corner, you are over an iron rich/trashy spot. And yes, you will get chirps and good tones occasionally but the VDI is more of a splatter/smear with iron falsing and not a filled in circle like you describe.

Did you know you can take screenshots with your CTX? :) (Snapshot feature on the user definable button, turning the machine off erases the screenshots)

Two images attached, first shows what you'll get if you have a 'good' target that's likely not iron/ferrous up top, and a ferrous target down below while in Ferrous-Coin, with very little discrimination. Second shows how that ferrous target is listed as rejected with the red diamond, but you still see it, just get blanking in audio for it.

Attachments

• IMG_00015.png
    IMG_00015.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_00016.png
    IMG_00016.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 210
Thanks for the replies guys. Mirlen, that picture is exactly what I see except no coloring inside the circles. They are hollow.

G2M

IIRC, you need to be in ferrous-coin with target trace turned on to take advantage of this.

Typically if you get the blue blob in the bottom right hand corner, you are over an iron rich/trashy spot. And yes, you will get chirps and good tones occasionally but the VDI is more of a splatter/smear with iron falsing and not a filled in circle like you describe.

Great advice. I LOVE the target trace on the CTX 3030. Amazing feature for seeing coin spills in the ground.

Back
Top Bottom