Solid dime signal results in aluminum foil. Ace 250

Metal Maniac

Forum Supporter
Hi all , so I'm swinging my yard and get solid dime signals with my ace 250 only to dig up aluminum foil?? This has happened a few times. Anybody else experience this? From the research I've done ,the dime doesn't have aluminum.
??? Am I wrong about the dime having aluminum ?

I have a 250 and that happens from time to time. An aluminum can at 8" can read as a dime at 2", I give up after digging 4" as I've learned it is a deep can.
HH
Larry

If it is in a big wad, it can fool a detector. I've dug big foil that was wadded up in a ball a few times. It doesn't usually ring in as a dime though. For me its usually penny range but fairly solid.

G2M

Same with the F2. Dimes come in at 71. Other stuff that is large or close to the surface can com in at Dime 67-70. Minor difference but I'm learning.

Pennies do it too. Sometimes a dime 70 is really just a nice 2003 penny.:no:

When its wadded up it thicker, the density of the object will give different tones.

On tone ID, the high tone signal sometimes hits on small foil and slowing the coil helps ID the correct tone. You didn't mention your sensitivity setting on the Ace, but on mine, the higher above 4 bars I go, the more sensitive it is to these little boogers and this happens. It almost never happens at 3 bars, which is what I search in in some trashy areas.

In time you will learn little tricks on figuring out junk from treasure. That is why always raise my coil off the ground about 6-12" and swing. If you are still getting a signal it will be large item.

Back
Top Bottom