Finding gold with garret ace 250?

You dig foil, nickels, tabs and zinc signals.
Gold is usually disguised, most of the time as trash in one form or another, and it comes in at all these areas depending on the size, karat and other metals it is alloyed with.
Could be iron, too, if it is small enough.

Here are just a few examples.

Attachments

• aaarr.jpg
    aaarr.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 537
As stated before dig it all, especially nickel signals! See my first gold ring it was with an ACe 250

You put your coil over it and you find it but in all seriousness you will have to dig alot of tabs and if it is small enough your machine may not even detect it I had a garret before my 705 and I found a gold earring as a eye find that my detector didnt even pick up

Dig all mid-tones that are solid and repeatable. Make sure you are in a Mode to allow all mid-tones. Remember- location, location, location. GL and HH. Matt

Yep, that is how it is with most machines. On mine it is between Foil/5c. It can go up in level though, but that just makes it easier to dig. It will be much more repeatable though. I found on my Delta 4000 that a gold ring passes through Foil and then to 5c every 3 times. It will stay on Foil and every 3rd pass it will land on 5c. Then it will go back to foil. It keeps doing this and doesn't jump. I found that tabs on my machine jump sporadically from foil and 5c every pass. I haven't tested a nickel yet, but I think that hits it right on. Jewelry is tricky to decipher. They certainly don't make it easy. That is part of the fun though.

Just wanted to add, nice picture. That is an excellent tool for beginners to look at. I know when I first started, I was like, where is the Gold button at? How will I know I got Gold. I still have trouble to this day figuring out why it comes under Foil/5c on all my machines. It could be higher too, but I dig everything higher.

Gold has been a really steady mid-tone for me. Not jumpy like most can slaw or tabs, but real steady. I've dugg three rings of different Karats in four years with my ace. One was real high almost penny but not quite. Another was lower, almost iron but not quite. The other one was someplace in between. Just remember if you get a really steady mid tone, not jumpy, digg with your fingers crossed!

Oh, and run in all metal!!

Back
Top Bottom