Love Me Some FREE CoinStar Silver!!!

JBEXPRESS

Lunch Time Bandit
Forum Supporter
I went to the store real quick to grab a few things and on the way out I looked in the coinstar and saw it FULL with coins so I grabbed them!! Darn it!! All Foreign coins!!

Had to go to another store across the street to get a movie from RedBox and and also checked that coinstar and saw 4 coins in there. Grabbed them and looked at them and BAM!!! 1964 Silver Rosie!! I'm Happy :)

I hit the beach today for a few hours and it was just way to ruff to get in the water... found nothing good, just a few $$ in clad so after a hot day of finding nothing, me finding this silver made up for it..

Attachments

• IMAG0811.jpg
    IMAG0811.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 981
  • IMAG0814.jpg
    IMAG0814.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 926
Okay you guys have been talking about coinstar quite a bit this week. Now I looked at my local one at the grocery store, and have no clue what you are talking about.

Okay you guys have been talking about coinstar quite a bit this week. Now I looked at my local one at the grocery store, and have no clue what you are talking about.

Looks like this... You see the slot at the bottom. Its the return trey that spits out coins it doesnt accept.

Attachments

• CoinstarMachine.jpg
    CoinstarMachine.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 2,915
I believe there is a store nearby with one of those machines. I'll have to check it out the next time I go shopping! Looks like a good way to start a foreign coin collection for the kids (I'll keep the silver for myself! :D) Way to score JBEXPRESS!

I am always chekcing it. Have gotten a few foreign coins from the coinstar machine, as well as a 1964 rosie.:)

Nice job JB!
I check the one at my local store every time I shop. Yet to hit one single coin.:(

nice score at coin star. I always chheck the coinstars as I enter and leave, I check the dump pan the return and across the top of the machine. I think ive found just as many coins on top as in the return...GL+HH.....cliff.

Nice score! Thanks to all the post on this site I always check the coinstars when I come across one.

The funniest thing is that at the local Wal Mart there is 1 coinstar and it is located on the grocery side entrance. I always go in that door even if I need something on the complete opposite side of the store just so I can check the coinstar. :laughing:

I have yet to find silver but I have found a couple dollars in clad. My last find was a clad Canadian dime.

I can't believe so many on here score at Coinstar. I have never seen any coins in any of the machines here. I think too many people know to check it and its not just detectorists that know this.

I can't believe so many on here score at Coinstar. I have never seen any coins in any of the machines here. I think too many people know to check it and its not just detectorists that know this.

It rarely happens.. I just happen to get lucky this time. just about 95% of the time I look and there is nothing in there.

Great haul.It's been about a year since the last time I found silver in a coinstar found a 1961 Rosie the other day.Gotta love free silver.

Back
Top Bottom