Eclipse Shadows...

BBsGal

Forum Supporter
Today while I was waiting on BB to get his welding hood to take a look at this eclipse thing, I noticed something funny going on with the shade tree shadows... and our cat Junior did too! Yes those are little eclipse shadows at just about the maximum eclipse moment in our part of the world.

picture.php

This pic was at 2:42 PM EDTView attachment 393033

Nice shot, mine didn't really show the eclipse as it was just too bright and no filter on my phone/cam. It did not get dark here either, just kinda funny looking light. BB forgot about the eclipse and thought his blood pressure was out of whack or something cause it looked so strange to him.. :lol:

I have some of the moon coming across the sun, used a pair of eclipse glasses, so the color is a bit off, but all-in-all I'm not unhappy with the pics.

The "shadows" in the cat pic are because the leaves of the trees created tiny holes for sunlight to filter through, which created the eclipse image just as if you had punched tiny holes in a piece of cardboard. Those are actual images of the eclipse, not shadows.

The "shadows" in the cat pic are because the leaves of the trees created tiny holes for sunlight to filter through, which created the eclipse image just as if you had punched tiny holes in a piece of cardboard. Those are actual images of the eclipse, not shadows.

Thanks for that explanation, I actually knew this, and before I saw them was getting ready to do just that, punch a hole in cardboard, when BB came to get his welding hood... but shadows is what they look like so that's what I called them, purely descriptive. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom