Eclipse videos and pics

GKL

Forum Supporter
Eclipse at ground level -

This is a video I took showing my dog moments before totality, during totality, and afterwards. I had thought I remembered her barking up till totality, but she stopped barking earlier, she did seem to be looking around right before totality as if wondering what was happening. You'll also see it quickly get darker and the solar lights and street lights come on.

The video below of the eclipse itself is small, (I tried finding software to zoom it larger) anyhow, at totality it is dark because the filter is still over the camera lens

Here is a pic of totality also showing Venus off to the lower right, not sure why the pic doesn't show it black in the center where the moon is at, I guess it's just the effect of the glare, but obviously it was during totality or Venus would not have been visible, the other pic below that is before totality.
Eclipse_and_Venus.jpg

Eclipse1.jpg

Last edited:
I went out, grabbed the welding helmet, and took a 1 second glimpse. That was enough excitement for me. Sure cooled down, 'til the sun came back out. I stayed in the air conditioning.

I'd seen mention of another one coming it...2024?

I went out, grabbed the welding helmet, and took a 1 second glimpse. That was enough excitement for me. Sure cooled down, 'til the sun came back out. I stayed in the air conditioning.

I'd seen mention of another one coming it...2024?

The best part was totality when you could look without a filter and see the corona, again, both WOW and EERIE at the same time :shock:, we had about 1:19 to look at totality before we had to put the solar glasses back on.

Yep, the next one is Monday, 8 Apr 2024, the totality path will travel from Texas to up thru the upper northeast U.S., but other places will at least see a partial.

To see what % of totality in 2024 will be visible from your location click on the following link and enter your location -

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/map/2024-april-8

While we won't see totality in 2024 at our location in South Carolina, it will cover almost 78% !
Eclipse_Winnsboro_SC_2024.jpg

Here is a map of the 2024 path of totality -
2024eclipsepath.jpg

Here I an animated representation of the 2024 totality path -
SE2024Apr08T.gif

There will be an area where the 2024 totality will cross the path the 2017 totality went, so those fortunate people will get to see totality twice within a 7 year period !

Here is a map of where the 2024 totality will overlap the 2017 path -

eclipseoverlap.jpg

Back
Top Bottom