Best Summer Weather - Buffalo NY

Ricki7

Forum Supporter
Our Summer has been Great , enough so that memories of last Winter 's storm have faded . Looking at the Weather maps around the country , I seriously think we have had the best summer weather . How is your Summer doing , ready to move to our high taxed police state ?
HH

Summers been good so far. I'm out here in Lockport, NY. Couldn't really ask for a better summer. It's a hot one today but I'm taking the love and our daughter to the walleye ponds for some fishing. Might even hit the old dump afterwards if I have any energy left.

Hey Seven where are the walleye ponds ? I thought they were only in the lakes .
H-dawg , we spent two days at the Nat. White Water Rafting Center near Charlotte on the way to a softball tournament in Spartanberg . That is the best water park we ever visited , rafting , mountain bikes , zip lines , obstacle course , stand up paddle boards on the river , large rock climbing wall , the girls loved it . What a great place for active people, so much better than amusement type park . As far as weather I feel bad for all that had to deal with the , floods , mud slides ,tornados, fires and high temps. I cried about the snow so have to thankfull for the great summer.
HH

H-dawg , we spent two days at the Nat. White Water Rafting Center near Charlotte on the way to a softball tournament in Spartanberg . That is the best water park we ever visited , rafting , mountain bikes , zip lines , obstacle course , stand up paddle boards on the river , large rock climbing wall , the girls loved it . What a great place for active people, so much better than amusement type park . As far as weather I feel bad for all that had to deal with the , floods , mud slides ,tornados, fires and high temps. I cried about the snow so have to thankfull for the great summer.
HH

The walleye ponds are actually rearing ponds, I just have a habit of calling the place "The Walleye Pond". It's is the Niagara Angler's pond on Balmer Road in Ransomville, NY. Private pond where you can camp and great for kids. All catch and release but still a lot of fun. Membership is $20 + $10 for a key. Not bad except I just got my membership last week so that only leaves another month to enjoy the place till next season. I caught a few small bass which was actually good for such a hot day. My 3 year old daughter showed me up today with her princess fishing pole catching about 10 fish in the 2 hours we were there. Good times!!

Seven , I would get Your daughter into dirt fishing with that kind of luck. Sounds like a cool place for hot summer days.
HH

HH

I have personally never been there , but my daughter and her boyfriend from a couple of years ago went and loved it . If I was younger and in better health , I would probably love it as well , in my younger days , I was a lot better at those things than I am now . Glad you enjoyed the area . Next time you're passing thru , hit me up and maybe we can do a little dirt fishing .

Thanks H- dawg , we sure appreciated the warm Southern style welcome we received through out the trip.
HH

Fantastic summer here, outside of Rochester. I was just thinking yesterday, what extremes from past winter to now!

Back
Top Bottom