Small religious figure

Boostnbuds

Hey guys and gals, found this today next to an 1897 penny. Any info on what exactly it is would be awesome. P.s. I believe it to be made of led.

Attachments

• 3748.jpg
    3748.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 442
I found a very similar one last year under a sidewalk near injuns as well.
I belive mine was pewter, I will see if I can find it.

I found it on an over grown farm sights following the stone walls in southern mass. It was near an entry/exit. The little piece was inside the small container on the left. It does stand up but it's clearly not a chess piece imo.

Way too small. I think it might be what's called a "pocket shrine". I'm trying to figure out which biblical character I've got and trying to date it some how.

Looks like the Christ child from here.
That also looks like a lipstick tube on the left:yes:

Attachments

• Christ child.jpg
    Christ child.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 271
I found one like that in the NH mountains a few years ago. I never looked it up but now that you mention I'm curious about how old it might be.

Looks like the Christ child from here.
That also looks like a lipstick tube on the left:yes:

It does look like a lipstick tube. I actually found the little figure inside of it. I've seen some old examples on google but without the same figure. Which does indeed look exactly like the christ child you showed me. Thanks a bunch!

Holy !!!!!...pardon the pun :laughing: this thing is wayyy cooler than I thought lol. Thanks for the help guys! Following old stone walls in the woods does pay off.

I think people bury those when they buy a new house. Its some saint who protects your house or something. ? Im almost positive thats what it is.

Nope. It is actually St. Joseph who is buried in front of a house when you are trying to sell it.

• Bury the statue in the yard in the front of the house. Favorable spots are either close to the “For Sale” sign or close to the road.

• Bury the statue upsidedown, facing the house.

• Pray to Saint Joseph when you are burying him and keep praying until the house is sold.

• But the most important part is to have faith all the time, in yourself, in your Sale and in Saint Joseph.

• After your house is sold take him with you to your new home and put him in a place of honor.

• If you live in a condo, bury the statue of St Joseph in a pot.

Back
Top Bottom