Hello from Washington

Recently retired to my home state of WA after 26 years in the Army & Coast Guard.

My first detector was a Garrett Ghostowner that I bought from Roy Lagal in Lewiston ID in 1974. We lived in an old homestead/former trading post in Clarkston WA and I found all sorts of neat old stuff; not sure where it is now. In 1980 I traded a bunch of silver coins I had found and added a little cash for a Garrett Master Hunter Deepseeker. Didn't have a chance to use it much before our military adventure began.

The other day I was going through some boxes and found the Ghostowner and Deepseeker and thought about putting them back to work. The Ghostowner is dead (maybe one to many moves) and the Deepseeker doesn't seem to be working right... may need to send it off.

Any experts in Southwest WA or Northern OR that know these old ADS detectors or could point me to a shop in WA or OR that could take a look at it?

Looking forward to searching the site & seeing what has changed in the hobby of detecting in last 30 years.

Thank you for your service and good luck. Ask questions before you by a detector. People will help find the best detector for your area.

Hey how's it going, saw that you're from n.w. Washington... I live on whidbey myself... Anyway send me a message if you're close.. Maybe we can get out and try to turn a profit.......cya

Maple Valley detecting

Hi, I received a detector for Christmas and am very excited to get out and use it. I have read some books and acquired a few accessories, so I'm good to go! I'm hoping to get some advice about how and where to start. Thanks in advance for any info! I live in the Maple Valley area.

Back
Top Bottom