I peed myself a bit

drewwski

Today I headed out for a bit of hunting after work today. Figured I would kill some time at the soccer field in my village. No luck there, something was telling me I should try the forest that I drive past all the time on the Holland/Germany border.

The forest is heavy with briars, my legs have the scratches to prove it. I decided I would try a little bit on the trail till I got to a more suitable area. My first target was a WW2 shell, and ...my second this beauty only four inches deep popped out in very nice condition(I have no clue what it is yet), it is silver though and I'm guessing old. I definately did a little dance, might of peed myself a bit. I tryed to do some more detecting, pulled a few pieces of shrapnel, but I was more preoccupied with getting home and finding out what this is.

Any help identifying it would be great, I know some of the Europeans here find these all the time, but this is my first. I have only been detecting for a little over two months...The wife was even impressed.

Attachments

• Oldcoin11Apr2011 002.jpg
    Oldcoin11Apr2011 002.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 4,321
  • Oldcoin11Apr2011 001.jpg
    Oldcoin11Apr2011 001.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 4,296
Pictures stink :(

I'm gonna work on the pictures now and see if I can get some better ones and I hope this belongs in the eye popping section, if not I apologize now for my excitement. :)

Identified

Knights Templar France. Philip IV Le Bel, 1268-1314 AD.
Excellent silver gros tournois, 26 mm. Near mint state! Grades EF with extremely sharp features. Minor area of smoothness on obverse not as obvious as photo shows. Beautiful! From my own personal collection. #7760: $450 SOLD

Wow, I am stoked!!!!

A picture from the web(peed myself again)

This coin really has some history behind...A Knights Templar coin...wow

Attachments

• templar-1210a.jpg
    templar-1210a.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 4,159
Awesome coin!

....just further validates why I hate you European people... :lol:

Keep up the good work!

<D>

The day keeps getting better and better

Just went thru my bag of "trash", I always take a closer look before I toss it to the scrap pile....this caught my eye...and I think it might be quite old as well...to find this and the coin on the same day has made my year. It's gonna be tough to go back to the tot lots...:)

Attachments

• artifact 006.jpg
    artifact 006.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 4,168
  • artifact 007.jpg
    artifact 007.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 4,136
Wow a Knights Templar coin :shock:
That surely belongs in the eye popping section!

I can't wait what else you find in that forest.

Heading out again today

Heading out today after work to see if I can have some luck in this forest. I am a little worried that all my future finds will pale in comparison. Anyway still pumped up after this find and feeling very fortunate.

Another day of hunting

Spent about three hrs this evening hunting the forest once again. Nothing spectacular to speak of, a couple dutch nickels, a 20 euro cent, alot of shrapnel.

This forsest has alot of undergrowth, pretty limited to hunting the trails. The ground off the trails has a large moss and leaf build up, not to mention the blackberry bushes. I don't think my ACE 250 has the depth to get thru it.

Anyway I'm gonna continue to work the trails and settled areas. Several farmers fields surrounding the forest that I hope to permission to hunt this fall after the harvest. HH

Back
Top Bottom