Ready to go ( philippines )

dirtykneese

Forum Supporter
It is cold here in Indiana. Now it is time for my wife and I to go back to the Philippines for the winter. We are leaving a little later this year. We wanted to be here for Christmas with the grandkids. We leave on January 8 th. Will be their on the 9th. It takes about 24 hours from here to their.
I don't always get much of a chance to detect while we are their. We might go to the beach a few times. I do hunt when their. The only problem is the beaches we get to are so full of trash. People do not have anything to loose. So, very hard to find something good. I do have fun with the little kids when they walk by me watching. So many questions form them. After they see me dig trash, they laugh and walk away.
I am very thankful for this forum while I am over their. I can read a lot and jump in here and say HI. So many times there is just not much to do, so , here I am.
I will try to post some every day life from their for you all to see. The people over their love to have their picture taken. So, I might have fun with pictures and stories.
Again, Thank you all for the fun we have here.. KEN :D

What ???? .....are you sure you really want to miss all the cold and snow ???? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

:lotsasnow: :snowing: :snowballfight: :snowman3: :sledding: :snowshovel: :snowtruck:

......just kidding :lol: ......have a safe and fun trip Ken !!!!!

:takeoff:

Looking forward to your reports! Safe travels!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is cold here in Indiana. Now it is time for my wife and I to go back to the Philippines for the winter. We are leaving a little later this year. We wanted to be here for Christmas with the grandkids. We leave on January 8 th. Will be their on the 9th. It takes about 24 hours from here to their.
I don't always get much of a chance to detect while we are their. We might go to the beach a few times. I do hunt when their. The only problem is the beaches we get to are so full of trash. People do not have anything to loose. So, very hard to find something good. I do have fun with the little kids when they walk by me watching. So many questions form them. After they see me dig trash, they laugh and walk away.
I am very thankful for this forum while I am over their. I can read a lot and jump in here and say HI. So many times there is just not much to do, so , here I am.
I will try to post some every day life from their for you all to see. The people over their love to have their picture taken. So, I might have fun with pictures and stories.
Again, Thank you all for the fun we have here.. KEN :D

Have fun Ken and send pictures!:cool:

Have a safe trip Ken. Looking forward to seeing some of your pix and story's.

Philippines

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip over there , hoping you have better luck detecting this trip. Always enjoy your observations from over there , about life in general. With the weather we are having , now is a great time to get away from the states.:detector::digginahole::tropical:

I am not the best photographer, but I want to try to have fun with the people over their. Maybe I can come up with a few good stories about life. I know we have a few of us on here that has been to the Philippines or lived their. They all can help add to the stories. The way of life there is very laid back. They do not care about the CLOCK. If the sun comes up, That is good. When it goes down, time to party :laughing::umno:
I will just try to have fun.. KEN :D

I am not the best photographer, but I want to try to have fun with the people over their. Maybe I can come up with a few good stories about life. I know we have a few of us on here that has been to the Philippines or lived their. They all can help add to the stories.
The way of life there is very laid back. They do not care about the CLOCK. If the sun comes up, That is good. When it goes down, time to party :laughing::umno:
I will just try to have fun.. KEN :D

......so opening a store over there that only sells clocks and watches might not be a good idea, they might be waiting a while for any customers :impatient: :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Wow, you waited until the dead of winter to go, i usually see snow birds coming my way by late october.
Have a great time!

clocks

......so opening a store over there that only sells clocks and watches might not be a good idea, they might be waiting a while for any customers :impatient: :laughing::laughing::laughing:

They have a expression over there called Philippine's time , it means i will get there when i get there. In the cities most things run on regular time ,but in the rural areas where you have to wait on local transportation . The jeepnies run all day ,you have to wait by the side of the road and flag one down that is not already over crowed. It stops all along the road to pick people up and drop them off. You might even share it with some one with live chickens or a goat. If you have workers coming over to work on a project , they will get there when they can and you only hope they brought their own tools.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

snow

What ???? .....are you sure you really want to miss all the cold and snow ???? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

:lotsasnow: :snowing: :snowballfight: :snowman3: :sledding: :snowshovel: :snowtruck:

......just kidding :lol: ......have a safe and fun trip Ken !!!!!

:takeoff:
With about 1/2 the country freezing or covered in snow ,( we haven't be above freezing for 2 weeks straight) i imagine a lot of members would like to be heading to some where tropical , with nice warm sandy beaches.:detector::digginahole::sun2::tropical:

Safe Travels Brother! We sure enjoy reading your posts and seeing the pics when you are over there...Like the Big Wall build from last season? Your descriptions of the Life and people and all that...I wish you a peaceful and refreshing visit!

Safe Travels Brother! We sure enjoy reading your posts and seeing the pics when you are over there...Like the Big Wall build from last season? Your descriptions of the Life and people and all that...I wish you a peaceful and refreshing visit!

Thanks MUD. I enjoy telling stories from over their. It gives me something to do.
You would think being over their where it is nice and warm, There would be plenty to do. Not always true. You do not go out at night unless you want robbed or shot.
No place to detect that is safe. Maybe at a beach resort it is OK. And I do hunt the beaches when we get a chance to go. The trash at the beaches are nuts. Every one wants to use your detector. Venders will not let you enjoy yourself untill you buy something from them. Than they come back and try to sell you more junk. There are no parks or schools do not have playgrounds. So , many times I get very board. That is when I come on here and talk to all you great people to keep me sain.
Thanks Mud. You are a great friend.

KEN :D

Ken is on his way

Ken is almost there , watch for his post in the next few days.
01-09-18 03:04 AM
dirtykneese
At the air port in Japan. Waiting for flight.

01-08-18 05:37 AM
dirtykneese
At the air port in ft. Wayne. Getting ready to board. Going to Chicago. Later. Ken

Old Philippines coins

Ken keep a eye out for a 1903-P special issue Morgan silver dollar/Philippines peso coin made in the USA 90% silver same size as a Morgan dollar worth some big bucks only made the one year. Would make a nice center piece for you collection.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom