E-Trac or Deus for coin finding?

detekRex

Started out to purchase a White's VX3 and was steered to the E-Trac. I am now at the same money a Deus could be purchased for...I like the idea of a light detector but weight is secondary to finding silver...Which would be better for coin hunting..the Deus or E-trac?....I would really appreciate your input...Thanks!....Rex

With out a Dought

THE E-trac the silver slayer, had two, recently upgraded to 2-CTX3030s, the Deus can find coin's to, but the backbone of the detector- is more geared to RELIC hunting, i might trade for - one as to were i am moving CW history is their, you will be happy with the E-trac, the ID is on the money, Earl

Etrac all day, Deus is a great machine but the TID and depth on the Etrac on silver is ridiculous.

I recommend you try a Minelab before you drop the cash. I bought a new Safari before I bought my Deus. I hated the Safari. Got rid of it 10 days later. I have friends who just kill it with the ETRAC. I guess I just don't speak Minelab language.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recommend you try a Minelab before you drop the cash. I bought a new Safari before I bought my Deus. I hated the Safari. Got rid of it 10 days later. I have friends who just kill it with the ETRAC. I guess I just don't speak Minelab language.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly the opposite for me...

THE E-trac the silver slayer, had two, recently upgraded to 2-CTX3030s, the Deus can find coin's to, but the backbone of the detector- is more geared to RELIC hunting, i might trade for - one as to were i am moving CW history is their, you will be happy with the E-trac, the ID is on the money, Earl

Noooooo,your trading for a deus? Well guys we lost him,he's going toward hallowed ground.lol..Just kidding,good luck if you get a deus.

To the op,my opinion is the deus is probably the best relic machine on the market.Its also my opinion the Etrac is the best coin machine on the market I've owned.Ive never owned a 3030 which I hear could be better,but I cannot comment.

Woodbutcher

I was doing research on the area i am moving to, they have CW history their, so a relic machine might come in handy, the Gt is a great beach machine, with the Sef 10x 12 it is great in coverage & depth, i have plenty of beach machines now, the F75 will work , but i will only trade for a Deus , and give it a try, wont be buying one this year, but the answer is yes, i will trade, as i have done with 6 other machines in the last month, Earl. Ps the Etracs were great, owned 2, going to newer technology & semi waterproof FBS2 technology looks better, we will see how i do on silver finds this year, looking to hunt tomorrow and Monday low 50s

Last edited:
High conductive coins,,copper, silver,,,etrac very good.

Deeper nickels,,,,Deus very good.

Modern trash,,,odds on favorite (with less detector model experience),, etrac

$1 gold coin,,Deus

Silver rings,,,etrac

Smaller gold rings,,Deus

Depth meter accuracy, etrac by a mile

Bottle caps,,,Etrac

Screw caps,,,edge to etrac,,but a person could miss IH coin if not careful,,and zincolns.

Emi,,etrac

Loose soil in older sites,,with little modern trash,,Deus

Hard packed soil,,etrac

Heavily iron laden patches,,,Deus

Places where digging is limited,,,etrac

Warranty,,Deus

Support,,Deus,,,,Minelab takes too long to repair warranty units as of late

To get to hunting deeper coins out the gate,,etrac

To hunt with a group or a bud running other detectors,,etrac

Weight,,Deus

Settings changes,,,a tie

Cost,,tie

Resale value,,,edge to etrac

Both great machines

Etrac makes coin hunting feel like I'm cheating,,,too easy many times.

Cheers
Hope this helps.

High conductive coins,,copper, silver,,,etrac very good.

Deeper nickels,,,,Deus very good.

Modern trash,,,odds on favorite (with less detector model experience),, etrac

$1 gold coin,,Deus

Silver rings,,,etrac

Smaller gold rings,,Deus

Depth meter accuracy, etrac by a mile

Bottle caps,,,Etrac

Screw caps,,,edge to etrac,,but a person could miss IH coin if not careful,,and zincolns.

Emi,,etrac

Loose soil in older sites,,with little modern trash,,Deus

Hard packed soil,,etrac

Heavily iron laden patches,,,Deus

Places where digging is limited,,,etrac

Warranty,,Deus

Support,,Deus,,,,Minelab takes too long to repair warranty units as of late

To get to hunting deeper coins out the gate,,etrac

To hunt with a group or a bud running other detectors,,etrac

Weight,,Deus

Settings changes,,,a tie

Cost,,tie

Resale value,,,edge to etrac

Both great machines

Etrac makes coin hunting feel like I'm cheating,,,too easy many times.

Cheers
Hope this helps.

That pretty much sums up my experiences with both machines as well. :yes:

G2M

You hafto get your coil over it,or your not gonna find it.Seriously,Minelab just scream on silver.And I have always had one,Etrac safari or explorer...But...I've found more silver with the at pro,xterra 705 and racer than I ever have with a Minelab FBS.
Main reason is I wasn't getting the Minelab FBs coil over silver.Dont think that getting a Etrac,deus Or v3i is gonna get you silver.Chances are very high that most silver is within the At pro,xterra 705 and racers ability to find.
I think too many people including myself fall into the hype of higher priced machines.Im not saying they're not deeper or better in some ways than a midpricd machine,,I'm saying the high priced machines aren't needed to find probably 90 percent of the silver we find.A midpriced machine would have found it.
If your thinking and maybe stressing a little over what machine to drop that much cash on now,,,imagine later when your swinging that $1000 dollar plus machine and ain't finding nothing,,your gonna be a mess.lol

This is my opinion,and I believe 100% I'm correct.

Started out to purchase a White's VX3 and was steered to the E-Trac. I am now at the same money a Deus could be purchased for...I like the idea of a light detector but weight is secondary to finding silver...Which would be better for coin hunting..the Deus or E-trac?....I would really appreciate your input...Thanks!....Rex

I've done really well with coins on my Deus in the last 30 days:

1745 King George II
1760 King George II
1806 King George III
1816-1839 Cornet Head (can't read date)
1883 Indian Head
1891 Indian Head
1900 Barber Quarter

I have not used an etrac, so can't weigh in on that model.

Again I want to say thanks for all the replies and great input...I will mostly hunt for coins and jewelry at old and new schoolyards, fairgrounds, parks, ball fields, fresh water beaches etc. So it looks like the scales are tipping in favor of the E-Trac over the Deus...Do I have that right or are they so close it's a horse a piece?
thanks....Rex

Again I want to say thanks for all the replies and great input...I will mostly hunt for coins and jewelry at old and new schoolyards, fairgrounds, parks, ball fields, fresh water beaches etc. So it looks like the scales are tipping in favor of the E-Trac over the Deus...Do I have that right or are they so close it's a horse a piece?
thanks....Rex

One thing to consider. How long will you be detecting on a given day? Minelabs will tear you up after a few hours, the Deus will be more forgiving. Beleive me, I used an Explorer for years and my arm is shot, had to quit mid season last year but now I have the Deus and am optimistic that is the answer.

These two machines seem to be two of the most popular and sought after in my humble opinion. To me as a fairly new person in the hobby, I see them both as a challenge when it comes to learning how to use them.

I'm most likely going to be investing in a DEUS down the road due to the two major factors (again my humble opinion) the weight & wireless features.

I had a Safari and it was heavy to me, now that I'm over 60 the weight issue is important TO ME. I will give up the silver sniffing ability for the comfort of swinging an extra hour or two.

Another thing I will mention is that I had almost two years in the hobby before I found my first Silver coin, it was found with the Safari.

HDD

Back
Top Bottom