• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Considering White's VX3 purchase and need assistance

detekRex

Hi...I am new to this forum and am seeking advice on a White's VX3 purchase. I currently have a Garret Ace 250 and would like to upgrade. I usually hunt parks, schools, fields etc. for coins. What do you think of the White's VX3? I'm not into a lot of adjustments and would like to have a good "point and shoot" detector...Would the VX3 be a good choice or would you recommend another detector? Thanks!!!

Hi...I am new to this forum and am seeking advice on a White's VX3 purchase. I currently have a Garret Ace 250 and would like to upgrade. I usually hunt parks, schools, fields etc. for coins. What do you think of the White's VX3? I'm not into a lot of adjustments and would like to have a good "point and shoot" detector...Would the VX3 be a good choice or would you recommend another detector? Thanks!!!

I wouldn't classify vx3 as point and shoot.

It does have turn and go programs,,,,there are simpler detectors to operate.

Thanks for your replies....I have heard the etrac has a high learning curve and that the VX3 has many preset programs and 3 freq. that make it a simple but very concise and accurate detector...more thoughts and suggestions please...thanks!...Rex

Thanks for your replies....I have heard the etrac has a high learning curve and that the VX3 has many preset programs and 3 freq. that make it a simple but very concise and accurate detector...more thoughts and suggestions please...thanks!...Rex

Most modern detectors have preset programs. The question is, how much performance do those preset programs provide without needing to be tweaked? I believe out of the box (noise cancel and go) the Etrac is far superior to the preset programs on most other detectors that are geared toward coin hunting. Etrac out of the box has excellent depth, excellent target ID and is capable of picking out good targets from very trashy areas if swung slowly.

It may take a little time to get the hang of the FE-CO numbers on the Minelab if you're used to a traditional TID, but its really not a big deal. Other than that, I'd consider it to be extremely easy to use.

I've owned both the Etrac and a V3i which is the same as the VX3 but with a few more features and settings. This is just my opinion based off of my own experience. YMMV.

Last edited:

The learning curve on the Etrac is learning the tones an when a jumpy vid is good and when a jumpy vid is bad.

The learning curve on the V3i is more of learning the technology.

The V3i is not what I'd call point and shoot, especially for deeper targets.

Thanks for the advice guys...I am now researching the e-trac! Appreciate it!

The VX3 is a great detector and, yes, you could use it straight out of the box. It has a bit of a learning curve and one can definitely customize the detector to their liking. There is one thing for sure, you won't outgrow it. Once you get used to it, you will love it. My first real detector was a V3i which is about the same thing.

Happy hunting!

Back
Top Bottom