Bucket list find!

Swinglow

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
Two private property hunts today, both short hunts in between running all over the place. First property was one i hit last fall with Justin (Ruthlesspawn). I went on a recon mission to see if it was thawed out yet. Hit the Rosey (Silver #3fty) right next to the curb. Also scored an Indian head, some wheats and a 1919 dog tag. I had to cut short after an hour to make it home to help around the house. Before dark, I had an hour to kill, so I grabbed the Deus and hit the neighbors yard again. I wasn't expecting much and hit the 1894 Indian Head. I'll take it. I start to move towards their property boundary with another 1800's home, when I get a choppy signal behind the shed. When I cut the plug and flipped it over, I saw the reverse of the coin and immediately thought "HOLY $*!#$@!!!&#*"

BUCKET LIST FIND! 1823/22 Capped Bust Dime. I've been wanting a Capped Bust anything for a while and can't believe where I got it. I put it under my scope at home and saw it was clearly the overdate variety. :woohoo: I also scored the military button and some more wheats but at that point, I didn't even care anymore. What a day.

Attachments

• photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 1,534
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,474
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,465
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,518
  • FINDS.jpg
    FINDS.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,485
  • photo 11.jpg
    photo 11.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,474
  • photo 2 .jpg
    photo 2 .jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 1,472
  • bust dime.jpg
    bust dime.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,469
Really nice coin. Finding your first capped bust silver is a special moment. It seems to be the "monkey off the back" type of coin for most guys who hunt regularly. Congrats bro.

Awesome hunt!!

Huge congrats, love the over stamped date too..

That is a great one to look forward to beating on your end too.. Hope you top it somehow soon...

<°)))>{

:wow:

Great find! Given where I hunt I only will get to see Cap Bust coins on this forum. Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom