Need Advice On New Machine

chris kennedy

Elite Member
Good ol golden state,Formerly Colorado,New Mexico,
Since I recently had my Sovereign Die and i Have sold it, I am in need of a land machine just in case i go somewhere, im mostly doing beach hunting these days so i dont need something super high tech or expensive.

I have a budget of about $400 and no i cannot stretch it.

i would like of course to have a good display with easy to understand information.

preferrably not a cocentric coil.

and ground balancing is a must.

Well, Such questions tend to open cans of worms on the forum.

Is used OK? Or is new a must?

I suggest doing a side by side comparison ay Kellyco. Find one within you price range and shop around for prices. I'm partial to the AT Pro, but that is not in you price range, and the only other machine I have used is the ACE 350. I have seen many recommend the Fisher F2. You can get it with a DD coil. The F4 has a standard DD coil and added features, but is at the top of your budget. If you call around you can probably get it well within your budget.

Well, Such questions tend to open cans of worms on the forum.

Is used OK? Or is new a must?

I suggest doing a side by side comparison ay Kellyco. Find one within you price range and shop around for prices. I'm partial to the AT Pro, but that is not in you price range, and the only other machine I have used is the ACE 350. I have seen many recommend the Fisher F2. You can get it with a DD coil. The F4 has a standard DD coil and added features, but is at the top of your budget. If you call around you can probably get it well within your budget.

new or used is alright Im now more of a beach hunter but i need a machine to search my dads and my aunt and uncles place.

reason I am requesting DD is because back in Virginia the soil has lots of Minerals and Co centric coils are not the best in mineralized areas.

Troll the classifieds, send PM to the sponsors asking about use machines..
$400 gets you much more in the older higher end machines.. but The DD requirement might mean you will need more than one coil.. I am fairly sure just about every Whites machine comes with a concentric coil stock as they work best in most conditions.. Typically I see people selling XLTs and DFX machine for your price point but the ones that have a couple of extra coils (DDs) are more in the $500 range.. Was going to suggest the CM GT as it lists for $399 but does not come with a DD coil. Good luck, take your time, stuff in the ground will still be there when you get to it if it is on private property!

Since I recently had my Sovereign Die and i Have sold it, I am in need of a land machine just in case i go somewhere, im mostly doing beach hunting these days so i dont need something super high tech or expensive.

I have a budget of about $400 and no i cannot stretch it.

i would like of course to have a good display with easy to understand information.

preferrably not a cocentric coil.

and ground balancing is a must.

Ground balance, check!
Under $400, check!
Great display, check!
No dd coil, but can get one for it.

http://www.bigboyshobbies.net/minelab-x-terra-305-metal-detector

Love this detector!

I think you found your detector and Big Boys have a great reputation new with a three year warrantee. just what you were asking for. I'm a Minelab guy, I'd jump on it!
Gary

i owned a 305 was my first machine didnt care for it much so thats why i traded it off. I am not happy with minelabs repair costs so im staying away from them.

I would be happy to fix you up with a Tesoro or Teknetics if you are interested in any of their detectors.

i was going more for one with a display but i guess tesoros arent that bad, kinda got used to no screen with my Sovereign and my Seahunter.

matter of fact i have gotten so used to the sounds machines makes that i can almost tell you with 100% gurantee what its going to be. a pulltab has 3 different sounds either

1.Broken up

2.has a phaseout in the middle

3 high tone across the board.

400.00, No Minelab, Beach Machine, Dirt machine, DD Coil, Display

You want a hell of a lot for 400.00. A used DFX is probably the only choice.

The CZ is a workhorse that is accurate and ruggedly built; however, I find its response time to be significantly slower than the aforementioned competitors.

I'd save your money and start watching the used forums and CL ads. August-November are notorious for cyclical price drops. During those times last year, I saw like new AT-Pros and ML Se-Pros sell for $325-400 respectively. In this hobby someone always has a health issue, moves or gets in a financial pinch and if you have the money ready, you can be the early bird that gets the worm.

The CZ is a workhorse that is accurate and ruggedly built; however, I find its response time to be significantly slower than the aforementioned competitors.

I'd save your money and start watching the used forums and CL ads. August-November are notorious for cyclical price drops. During those times last year, I saw like new AT-Pros and ML Se-Pros sell for $325-400 respectively. In this hobby someone always has a health issue, moves or gets in a financial pinch and if you have the money ready, you can be the early bird that gets the worm.

i kind of need the detector around now though sadly, because im going to go back to virginia in like 3 weeks as well as hunt a local property owned by my uncle.

Back
Top Bottom