600 bucks

Not sure if it is the best but the Tesoro Tejon is a great all around detector. It is pretty deep hits high & low conductors well. No display but jiust enough (functional) bells and whistles.

Garrett At Pro, Fisher F5, Whites Mx5, Minelab Xterra 505, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Tejon are ones to look into under $600. I have only used the At Pro, so can't say much on the others other than my understanding from others.

You can get a Xtera 705 for that if you call the right dealer and do not get the extras that come with the package.

I agree with texas looter the 705 is the best all around detector for your price range. i got mine for about 200 less then the msrp

There's a couple 705's in the classifieds, for around 500.00. I'm really liking mine! 705's got GB, noise cancel, GB tracking, ability to change your KHz by changing coils backlight ect. Also its very light. GL

I have both the ATP and xTerra 705 and highly recommend both.
The 705 is a bit lighter if you have any physical limitations ( or might, one day) or hunt for hours. It has more bells and whistles but has a bigger learning curve. I also believe it goes deeper. And is backlit.
The ATP is submersible, pinpoints better, and has the Standard and Pro modes.

I bought mine off of eBay and Craigslist as used items and paid less than $400 for both. You have to really work at finding a deal but they are there. :yes:

I would personally say if I had to spend 600 on my only detector that I would buy a used Minelab SE Pro, just a year or two ago it wouldn't be possible, but lately I have seen quite a few SE Pro's on the market for 600 to 650, and I feel it would be the best bang for your buck. Its a FBS machine with many many coil options, a tried and true detector and enough bells and whistles to keep you going for quite some time. Like I said if I had to spend 600 on my one and only detector the SE Pro is literally the one I would buy. With maybe one accecption, if you are a relic only hunter I would probably go for a used Fisher F75, they are really great relic machines, but you asked for a all arounder and SE Pro imo is the way to go. If you 100 % need to have a brand new machine for some reason then maybe the ATP or 705 would be your route, but I never once had a problem with buying good used detectors.

HH,
Rich

Back
Top Bottom