Eurotek Pro, Omega 8000 differences

old lobo

Excellent comments by users of both, so I'm wondering what the differences of each and their advantages and disadvantages are between the two?

Off the top of my head...The Eurotek Pro has a separate iron audio volume and you can save the settings. The Omega has tone options, adjustable ground balance, can change frequencies if another machine interferes, runs in all metal or disc. The coils interchange...Having run both with the 11" coil...I will say the Omega is deeper by 1-2 inches depending on ground conditions.

Both are good MDs, but please realize your comparing a entry level MD (Eurotek) with a very solid mid-range MD (Omega).

The difference is night and day, if you can afford the Omega, buy it. You will have the ability to ground balance it, which the Eurotek does not offer, and there's a mild learning curve which will be half the fun!

The other big reason is that you won't "outgrow" the Omega as fast. It has way more to offer in the way of features like gain and threshold control that you can only really appreciate by owning a detector that offers it.

If money or the fact you aren't sure about the hobby is in your mind at all, the Eurotek is still an excellent option that WILL find you lots of good targets, and most importantly you can still have lots of fun with the Eurotek.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

The ET pro is a very good detector for the money. It does have a fixed ground balance, which can limit depth performance. How do you know if is too negative or positive for the ground your working. The Omega has adjustable ground balance as well as Ground Grab. The Omega will go deeper, how deep according to the ground conditions, and frankly how much the operator wants work thru the noise. There are a lot of options with the Omega. I use it and the Gamma both. Either way you go you won't be getting a dead horse. HH

you can use pinpoint on euro to see how off the ground balance is. I may have an Omega and G2 plus many coil options for sale next week. We'll see.

like both

The omega 8000, and two ETP, I swap coils on all three, great machines, the omega is deeper, but the ETP is not far behind, you would like both, Earl

Off the top of my head...The Eurotek Pro has a separate iron audio volume and you can save the settings. The Omega has tone options, adjustable ground balance, can change frequencies if another machine interferes, runs in all metal or disc. The coils interchange...Having run both with the 11" coil...I will say the Omega is deeper by 1-2 inches depending on ground conditions.

Great post!

Holler if you have more questions. My son uses the omega and loves it!

Go For

An Omega 8000 with the 11dd coil, I recommend Bart- Big Boys Hobbies, sweet deal , Class A + ***** sponsor, happy hunting , Earl

Could you explain how this is done please?

sure, hold pinpoint down. most people will get a positive response lowering coil to the soil. This is because the preset is set to a more mineralized ground phase. Those in really bad ground will actually get a response lifting from the ground since the preset isn't high enough.

This is why if you hold pinpoint down in the air in mild ground and bring it to the ground you get signal everywhere. move coil to side of target resting or close to ground when hitting pinpoint to detune to the ground. You can also do this closer to the target for a detuned target response.

this is true for fisher f2 and other FTP products.

sure, hold pinpoint down. most people will get a positive response lowering coil to the soil. This is because the preset is set to a more mineralized ground phase. Those in really bad ground will actually get a response lifting from the ground since the preset isn't high enough.

This is why if you hold pinpoint down in the air in mild ground and bring it to the ground you get signal everywhere. move coil to side of target resting or close to ground when hitting pinpoint to detune to the ground. You can also do this closer to the target for a detuned target response.

this is true for fisher f2 and other FTP products.

Thanks, I'll try it !

Back
Top Bottom