Looking for a different detector

diggerduo

Elite Member
Ok,so I have the fischer f2 and its a good, inexpensive detector but I really get tired of digging tons of slaw,trash etc.

either I have not figured the f2 out yet,i have had it a year,or it sucks at circuit overload.
(bell tone)

my husband uses a cz6 fisher,it has a bell tone, he hardly ever digs trash.

I don't want to spend too much but I either want to uograde
to another fisher or try something new.

Any advice pol would be great.

While I do not own a fisher f5, I have the cz7a pro...I like the f5, because of the features it offers. Especially the ground phase lock, easy to ground balance and make adjustments.

I bought my wife a Whites Coinmaster GT, it has features of an upper end machine, like auto ground tracking, you can also pump the coil up and down a few times, set it on auto, or simply lock in that phase of the ground, it has a beach mode, backlight, and much much more.

You can get a better price than the manufacturers price from one of our sponsors. My wife loves it and it gets good depth, contrary to some folks, depends on your soil, I have read reports it works well in mineralized soil, here in Panama havent tried it yet, but in New England, average depth on low conductors were 8 to ten inches.

As for Tesoro, the compadre is a great little detector, just no manual ground balance.

Good luck

Ok,so I have the fischer f2 and its a good, inexpensive detector but I really get tired of digging tons of slaw,trash etc.

either I have not figured the f2 out yet,i have had it a year,or it sucks at circuit overload.
(bell tone)

Not sure why you are having so much problem digging trash with the F2.
Nickels can be a little iffy, but all other coins from zincolns on up can usually be determined by the tones and the info on the screen close to 100% accuracy.
If I am coin shooting, which I consider the F2 one of the best at this, I can dig all day and find coins without filling up my trash bag at all if I choose to do that, but usually I dig a lot of trash because I am always looking for gold.
Even though I dig it, trash for me can also usually be determined before I dig a hole.
Silver items from coins to jewelry is usually right on, too, but that's just me and my opinion and everyone is different.

Sometimes some people click with a detector and others just never do with that same machine, so if you want to change I would consider going to a completely different brand since a slight upgrade to something like an F4 would not be different enough to help you.

Discounting moving up to the F70 or Xterra 505 mid level price range, maybe you might want to consider something like a 305.
Good info on the screen, and as long as you remember to go slow you might get along with it better than the F2.

A little more money gets you into a 505 or the F5 which also might be better for you with the greater amount of info they can display.

I recently bought the 305,traded a Tek4000 for it. So far the preset discr. is working well. The MD is very quiet with very little chatter or false sig. One thing I really like for the money, is the ability too fine tune each of the pre-set disc. settings(2). Say while your hunting a certain trash item keeps coming up, under a vdi # that isn't already blocked. All you do is, push a button when that item comes up again and that vdi# will become part of your preset disc.. You can also program that manually by using the +/- buttons.

I recently bought the 305,traded a Tek4000 for it. So far the preset discr. is working well. The MD is very quiet with very little chatter or false sig. One thing I really like for the money, is the ability too fine tune each of the pre-set disc. settings(2). Say while your hunting a certain trash item keeps coming up, under a vdi # that isn't already blocked. All you do is, push a button when that item comes up again and that vdi# will become part of your preset disc.. You can also program that manually by using the +/- buttons.

Thanks for the information

(bell tone)

Do you mean it overloads too much? Maybe the sensitivity is too high? Or is it tricking you into detecting huge cans and stuff and not overloading like you are used to on another detector? If so, try detecting the target from 6-12 inches off the ground, a coin will not register 14 inches off the ground or even 6-8 if it is 2-3+ inches in the dirt.

(bell tone)

You have many many options! All depends on what you want to do with it and spend.

Feel free to give me a call with questions. Love to help you, Bart.

I cant say the F4 is a great machine (yet that is-waiting for ground to thaw up north to use my new one) but the F4 may be an option because all your F2 coils will work on it, and it has ground balancing and more "notching"..........just a thought

Back
Top Bottom