Which Batteries Do You Use?

Buried

Elite Member
Which type of batteries do you use and how would you rate their performance with your metal detector?

I use two 9 Volt 280mAh GODP Ni-Mh Rechargeable Batteries and I rate them as poor. Seems like the charge only lasts about 2 hours.

Last edited:
How many cycles do have on those batteries. Some NiMh need to go through several cycles before they reach full capacity. What are you using to charge them?

They claim to have 1000 cycles. They are from Hong Kong. I used to use them for my EMF detectors, but they always ran down way too fast. I use a SoShine Charger SC-Z23b for Ni-Mh Ni-Cd AA/AAA/9v

OK. I've never heard of that brand. It is possible you just have some bad ones. Ive been using 9.6v Imedion 230mah batteries in my Propointer and one of my detectors for about 15 months with no issues.

I bought 12 of them, and they all seem to fail. I think I should look into buying some name brand rechargeable batteries and a good auto - off battery charger.

I bought 12 of them, and they all seem to fail. I think I should look into buying some name brand rechargeable batteries and a good auto - off battery charger.
Wow! 12?! I suspect the charger might be the problem although its entirely possible to get that many bad Chinese batteries.

Wow! 12?! I suspect the charger might be the problem although its entirely possible to get that many bad Chinese batteries.

Yes, I bought 12 9v, 36 AAA and 24 AA of the brand. I have roughly 8 chargers.

But it just seems that brand doesn't work well.

I do paranormal investigations, and we use several static voice recorders, IR Illuminators, walkies, EMF detectors, flash lights, lots and lots of things that take batteries. lol

So I did a bulk buy, and now I regret it.

Yes, I bought 12 9v, 36 AAA and 24 AA of the brand. I have roughly 8 chargers.

But it just seems that brand doesn't work well.

I do paranormal investigations, and we use several static voice recorders, IR Illuminators, walkies, EMF detectors, flash lights, lots and lots of things that take batteries. lol

So I did a bulk buy, and now I regret it.
You would of thought that being a paranormal investigator that you would of foreseen the batteries not being any good before you got them. Sorry I couldn't resist, too bad you got stuck with so many hope they didn't cost ya a fortune.

You would of thought that being a paranormal investigator that you would of foreseen the batteries not being any good before you got them. Sorry I couldn't resist, too bad you got stuck with so many hope they didn't cost ya a fortune.

Yeah, I should blame are so-called "psychic" for this one.

I'm determined to get these batteries to hold a better charge. So I'm trying to drain them down to 0% before charging them. Right now, I have one in an EMF Mel-meter and two others that I have powering a set of LED lights. Any ideas on how to drain these things down faster?

I bought a 4 pack of AA energizer batteries with a charger years ago to use for a camera well I don't have the camera and I use them for my detector I also have 4 duricell batteries that I have as back ups and then came with a charger as well. For 20 bucks you can go wrong with that when they are empty you just recharge them.

9v - Energizer, Duracell, Rayovac....I buy whatever I can find in a 10 or 12 pack & seperate them when they are less than 10v

I test my 9v before going out

Back
Top Bottom