Explorer problem developed today; OVERLOAD...

steveg

Elite Member
Was hunting with my SE Pro today, and got an overload signal. Figured I was over a large/shallow target, but lifting the coil didn't clear the overload...I continued to get "overload" readout on the screen, and the overload tone. Everything else was fine, screen still working, I could use the menu and adjust settings, but all the while giving that overload tone.

Unhooked the coil, still overload. Powered off and back on, everything powered up properly, but then when the "Detect" screen came up, overload. I could noise cancel, and the overload sound would go away while noise cancelling, but would come back when the noise cancel finished. Removed the battery, put in a different one, still overload.

Any ideas? I expect it's going to have to go to Minelab; I already sent an email to Minelab service. Frustrating, as I have a trip to the beach scheduled in a week and now I'll be without the machine, it would appear...

(Thanks to whomever started the recent thread about Minelab opening a new American service center, in PA...looks like I'm about to find out how well they handle the problem...)

Steve

I THINK I did that, too, Gauntlet. Appreciate the suggestion. I held the button down, and when it powered up, I noticed that I lost my settings, so I think it did "reset." But still the darned "overload" signal...

I think it may need to go see the new Minelab repair center, unfortunately...

Steve

Back
Top Bottom