1769 1oz Bavarian and 1851 1 Franc

TrashMasterCCS

Elite Member
Any guesses what these might be worth? Both have been through fires. Found both in heavily hunted areas. Not sure how I missed them in the past. Enjoy! I'll post the other sides. It won't load for some reason

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 788
IN THE CONDITION I CAN SEE FROM THE PICS tHE fRANC IS PROBABLY A 100 DOLLAR COIN...tHE BAVARIAN THALER EVEN THOUGH OLD IS PROBABLY IN THE 30 DOLLAR RANGE....
THEN AGAIN WHEN SELLING ITS WHAT SOMEONE IS WILLING TO PAY
BOTH ARE INDEED VERY NICE COLLECTIBLES...CONGRATS ON YOUR FINDS !!!!

IN THE CONDITION I CAN SEE FROM THE PICS tHE fRANC IS PROBABLY A 100 DOLLAR COIN...tHE BAVARIAN THALER EVEN THOUGH OLD IS PROBABLY IN THE 30 DOLLAR RANGE....

Thanks for the rough quote! Into the collection it goes 😀

Now those prices should make your day , congrats , ,,,,,HH

Always nice finding a $130 dollar bill in the ground.

I found these near an old gold rush site. A building must have burned. The dollar piece got a bit crispy from what I can tell.

Tell us more about the coins you found. Are they silver?

Well. The big 27.85g Bavarian coin is silver. Official title: Madonnentaler 1769 Bayern Maximilian III. Joseph 1745-1777. I found this in an old gold rush town. It was about 2 inches down in the middle of some serious square nails. I've been through the area 50+ times. The signal wasn't masked and rang up 94-95. The French Franc was near an area a ton of prospectors were camped about a quarter mile away from the Bavarian coin find. After digging tons of garbage in the main camp I wondered off the hillside right into this coin only 3 inches down. It's silver also. Both will be living in my safe from now on and will no longer have to be cold and lonely each night in the woods 😇

The Bavarian has a ton of lines through it. Could it be counterfeit? My understanding is The Chinese miners liked to counterfeit this coin. Here are photos of it cleaned up. Used lemon juice 🤓

Attachments

• IMG_0178.jpg
    IMG_0178.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 541
  • IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 543
The Bavarian has a ton of lines through it. Could it be counterfeit? My understanding is The Chinese miners liked to counterfeit this coin. Here are photos of it cleaned up. Used lemon juice 🤓

Not Necessarily...Back in those days minting of coins was very crude....They would take a file to the dies and sometimes to the coins themselves if they thought the coin weighed too much in silver.....Try checking the measurements...The original weight was 27.92 grams {will vary a little due to wear }...Diameter 40 mm...thickness 2.9 mm...if all of these are correct then in all probability it is real....Ive personally never ran across anywhere thay says the chinese bothered to counterfeit this coin...they mostly like to counterfeit their own coins and American dollars

Not Necessarily...Back in those days minting of coins was very crude....They would take a file to the dies and sometimes to the coins themselves if they thought the coin weighed too much in silver.....Try checking the measurements...The original weight was 27.92 grams {will vary a little due to wear }...Diameter 40 mm...thickness 2.9 mm...if all of these are correct then in all probability it is real....Ive personally never ran across anywhere thay says the chinese bothered to counterfeit this coin...they mostly like to counterfeit their own coins and American dollars

Thanks Joe! Great info. I'll do some research and will let you know if I suspect it's counterfeit.

Back
Top Bottom