Did this caliber shoot this spoon?

I've never heard of silver plated nickel kitchenware. Unless you mean 'nickel silver' which is a completely different thing.

You're right, I got them confused, it's most likely 'nickel silver' over brass is what I meant ... thanks :)

Again, I think you are confused. Silver plated brass or copper are common in flatware. 'Nickel silver' is not used as a plating metal, at least as far as I know.

MANY old spoons were nickel silver, "Rogers" "Rogers and sons" etc was known for plating with it... although it contained no real silver, it was called silverplate .... I know for a fact as I have found nickel silver plated spoons and other flatwares

Heres one example

https://www.etsy.com/market/rogers_nickel_silver

Nickel silver is the same as German silver.. It is more or less a type of brass...

I've heard of plenty of things made of German silver and plated with real silver.. Never heard of anything getting plated with German silver..

Here is my guitar, nickel plated, German silver 1928

<°)))>{

Attachments

• tricone28.jpg
    tricone28.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 78
Most cheap silverware (utensils, serving dishes, platters, and such) are marked EPNS, which stands for Elecro-Plated Nickel Silver.

EPNS means it is nickel silver (not real sliver) with a thin silver plate. It does not mean the plating material was nickel silver.

Nickel silver is the same as German silver.. It is more or less a type of brass...

I've heard of plenty of things made of German silver and plated with real silver.. Never heard of anything getting plated with German silver..

Here is my guitar, nickel plated, German silver 1928

<°)))>{

^what he said. Not a plating material, a base metal.

MANY old spoons were nickel silver, "Rogers" "Rogers and sons" etc was known for plating with it... although it contained no real silver, it was called silverplate .... I know for a fact as I have found nickel silver plated spoons and other flatwares

Heres one example

https://www.etsy.com/market/rogers_nickel_silver

As I've stated in the last posts, silverplate is basically brass or copper coated in silver. Nickel Silver is just a fancier form of brass. When they call it silverplate, it just means a tiny amount of real silver was added on.

And Etsy is really not a reliable source for information.

Simple definitions;

Silver plate is a thin layer of silver applied as a coating on another metal.

Nickel Silver is German silver, a copper alloy with nickel and often zinc. The usual formulation is 60% copper, 20% nickel and 20% zinc. Nickel silver is named for its silvery appearance, but it contains no elemental silver unless plated.

Back
Top Bottom