Old Bald eagle leg tag?

Shavnore

Elite Member
3ec9f0ff81d15500c5c920ed5efc3215.jpg
d5fb8c3b82b9f90f281d64068cf04428.jpg
900d3f61676d12ee55634a8c543952a7.jpg

I'm stumped as to what this is, it has the markings pp .co 36 and 1600.

Any conservation experts out there?

Or pipe fitters lol (could be a tag wrapped around a pipe)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be, I have found some for poultry around here that are similar to your's but they are more of a band and don't have the square hole like yours. Is it very flexible? I wonder if it could be a hose clamp? The numbers make me think something more birdish though.
image12661.jpg

It is flexible to an extent, that's what made me think hose or pipe clamp, but the numbers threw me off too lol

Bird tags usually have more info, so that the finder can report the find to the proper agency. I found a large tag (goose?) which had the address of the US fish and wildlife in DC. I sent a pic to them, but it was too old for them to have any info.

If you think that is from a Bald Eagle, I would call someone in your Department of Natural Resource and report it. They are very serious about the Bald Eagle and could be very interested in that band.

Congrats and good luck.

I'm curious too.. I found this last night.. it is very similar except I have round holes... mine says : P.D.T. N.Y. J48735
looks like some kind of wildlife band... too big for pheasant around here, maybe a Canada goose?

Maybe a cargo seal for transportation? The "P.D.T." makes me think some department of transportation. I have seen aluminum seals on semi trailers before, and also I think on rail cars.

I'm curious too.. I found this last night.. it is very similar except I have round holes... mine says : P.D.T. N.Y. J48735

looks like some kind of wildlife band... too big for pheasant around here, maybe a Canada goose?

Wow that almost looks identical!

Not a bird band. They are always round and smooth. No parts sticking out. Birds need free range of movement/ No sizing options. different bands sizes are used for different birds (song birds to geese and even eagles). Eagle band are big and have lots of information. Since people are not allowed to posses any part of an eagle, any stuffed eagle for educational purposes have a large leg band documented the bird.
I am thinking like others here of possible cargo sealer or some type of wrap. slots allow different sizing

I found something similar to that and was able to figure it out that it was a tag issued by the dnr to a individual for his fish traps.
I have also found tags that were on plants like rose bushes or trees when sold.

the top one is a older auto wiring harness loom clip to hold the wiring up agaist or away from other stuff, like on the firewall of a older car,not positive that the second one is the same but thinking similar,wildlife id tags have to be smooth so they don't get tangled up in stuff and kill the host.

the top one is a older auto wiring harness loom clip to hold the wiring up agaist or away from other stuff, like on the firewall of a older car,not positive that the second one is the same but thinking similar,wildlife id tags have to be smooth so they don't get tangled up in stuff and kill the host.

I was bored so I did some reaserch on the top clip, it is from a 1982 cadillac:D:D according to the part numbers you posted,lol

Scrap clip off a 82 Caddy? Yeah..if I was you Shavnore, pop it up on Ebay and go with the Bald Eagle or California Condor bird band story!:laughing: Or Lindberg!
Mud

Scrap clip off a 82 Caddy? Yeah..if I was you Shavnore, pop it up on Ebay and go with the Bald Eagle or California Condor bird band story!:laughing: Or Lindberg!
Mud

Oh come on, MudPuppy! That's the silliest thing I ever heard!
HOW would they have gotten a legband on Charles Lindburgh?!!:laughing:

Yeesh!

SageGrouse

FYI....
This us what a federal bird band looks like.
This one is from a Canadian goose.
Smooth, thick and nothing sticking out to hurt the bird.

Info on what is written on them...

Federal Bands

"Federal bands issued in the USA and Canada have 8 or 9 numbers with a legend indicating WRITE BIRD BAND LAUREL MD 20708 and WWW.REPORTBAND.GOV. The older bands had the legend WRITE BIRD BAND LAUREL MD 20708 or AVISE BIRD BAND WASH DC. Avise loosely means advise in several languages"

Attachments

• bird band.jpg
    bird band.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 376
Back
Top Bottom