My first eye popping find!

Is that thing in the picture with the marble maybe the grip off of a small gun? Doesn't look like jewelry but sure looks like the shape of a derringer grip to me...

Here's some better pictures. No idea what it might be, but sure does look like a mini grip. There is that 'C' on the front, nothing legible on reverse, but it does have a circular protrusion.

v2PmFSO.jpg

g2W2jpg.jpg

Here's some better pictures. No idea what it might be, but sure does look like a mini grip. There is that 'C' on the front, nothing legible on reverse, but it does have a circular protrusion.

v2PmFSO.jpg

g2W2jpg.jpg

Glad you posted that, I'll do some checking and see if I can find out anything for you.

Ok, not having much luck tracing the "C" but potential US makers could be Charter Arms, Cobra, and maybe Cimarron among others. That's an extremely tiny grip, ... but it has that classic derringer shape, so I'd have to guess that's most likely what it is. If I do run across anything definitive I'll let you know.

I was becoming disheartened after a few weeks of striking out on coinage, but today I found this unbelievable beauty in the same location:

ldDuZyN.jpg

URP2FtI.jpg

This is also the first silver coin I've ever dug. And here I thought I had 'tapped out' this location!

Back
Top Bottom