RTG 125$ scoop, MX5 or upgrade F5??

goneriding11

I am in the market for a detector change. keeping the atpro for water detecting but need a good land detector. F5 is GREAT when there is no EMI around... and not so great if there is a building within 500 feet. I have heard the NEL sharpshooter and/or the 5x10DD coil really help with EMI. so I could get one of those and a good sand scoop or a coinmaster GT. I need a discrete detector with a backlight. plus I REALLY think I am going to like white's detectors. just a hunch.

so should I try and upgrade the F5 and get a scoop or sell the F5 and get a coinmaster GT and a scoop or MX5 with eclipse 5.3 coil and no scoop?

my gut instinct ----I think a RTG aluminum sand scoop and a NEL sharpshooter coil. Give the F5 one more chance. the get an MX5 in a few months or sell the F5 if the NEL coil doesn't solve the problem and get an MX5 now.

I'm not so sure that the MX5 or coinmaster will do that much better with the emi. I want to say the MX5 is pretty comparable to the mxt and it tended to do like my at pro does and go nuts sometimes with too much emi. I think I would try the other coil

If you are keeping the pro you may as well get a scoop... The water will pay for something better sooner.

Just got my buddy a MX5 and its one great detector. Also if you upgrade later on to a White's V machine the coils are interchangeable.

MX5 and 5.3, the first texas machines fishers/teknetics are more prone to emi. I have an mx5 and love it, have had (have m6 & mx5) the mxt, mxt pro, xlt in the whites lineup, to me it is a combination of the 3 minus it having a higher freq and MUCH faster recovery speed than the xlt but a whole LOT more coil choices.

I have a MX5 and it is alittle chatty around emi sources but not to bad. I Have the 4 x 6 coil on it and it works great. This detector gets amazing depth.

Whichever you decide , if you dont have a good scoop get one , the best you can afford....you will be glad you did.

From everything Ive seen neither the f5 or mx5 really have that much advantage over your AT pro.

If you get an rtg aluminum scoop look into the one with the stainless tip.

Back
Top Bottom