Minelab E-Trac Fake / Knockoff?

I wouldn't trust anything reverse engineered in Eastern Europe or China. During the cold war they stole several American designs on products like the M17 gas mask for example and issued it under the M10M, it was a far inferior product as were just about all their knockoff's. Also most of the time they just copy the main components such as the case and design and fill it with cheap unreliable parts. It would be like buying a Challenger R/T that someone dropped an I6 in and smaller rear and tranny in. China is also big for making knockoff's of products such as Nike Air Max, they are so cheaply made that in the long run it's much better to buy the real deal which generally last several years or more. I fell for a Motorola Slvr at a great price on Ebay, after I received it I noticed the screen was blurry and just did not seem right, it turned out to be a Chinese fake. Many people will say that most products are made in China, while this is true the fly by night bootleggers have few less strict quality control measures than the American companies based there.

:laughing: i get a 404 not found now when i go to that link...makes me wonder what happened :roll:

We usually shut them down so they move to another URL, most of those Chinese companies switch URL's a few times a year or more as the Gov. catches onto them.

these are usually obviously really easy to spot. you can just tell when they are not real dealers. when they speak broken engrish (that was done on purpose :lol: ) but ya the English gives it away but also you just have to look at the email they have up or respond with. its usually ALWAYS hotmail.com or gmail.com cause they have to switch so much. Now do not get me wrong, I do think there ARE a couple LEGIT companies across seas that sell REAL detectors for good prices, but I don't think they are "Authorized" dealers, they are just dealers close to the manufacturer that can get great deals and sell them cheaper. but if like they say, if the deal seems "to good to be true" then it usually is :p

-DetectThis (Hunt4History)

I would think any company importing detectors would have the serial numbers listed right there on the cargo manifest. I personally would be skeptical of anything that suggests it is a knockoff. And in some cases, maybe most cases, aren't knockoffs illegal. Like buying a knock off Rolex watch passing it off as the real mccoy. Big trouble there.

LOL! Every Detector I ever bought NEW the Serial Number was on a Sticker on the outside of the Container.:laughing:

stay away from alibaba and those scammy sites telling you to transfer the money to an allegedly payment-courier company. They are the same mob

I personally know a guy who was robbed with this kind of scheme

Back
Top Bottom