CRH $100 of halves(!)(edit:and a NICE box of pennies)(pic heavy)

jwebs

Elite Member
Got some handwrapped rolls of halves at my bank today when I went to go pick up another box of pennies. I didn't expect silver, but I figured I'd try anyway...boy was I surprised to see these::shock:

picture.php

First I hit the '69, then noticed the eagle on the Walker right behind it..I yelled out so loudly that my munchkin had to come see what was wrong:laughing:
The ?painted? '68 was in the very last roll, and every one had some weird, paintlike substance on them...I was happy about my finds either way.

Thanks for looking!
GL, and HH!

Awesome score!! Congrats on the silver!!!!

Thanks :) I just opened the first roll of pennies from the bank that I got, and it was an ENTIRE roll of wheaties, oldest in this roll is 1934...and I think i have *at least* 4 more like it(one roll has "1942-45, 1952-5" written on it!)
:edit!: Second roll had 1890 Indian head as oldest, several S mintmark teens, and 1 1909 VDB!
I dont think I'm sleeping tonight with !!!13!! more rolls wrapped the same sitting in front of me!

WTG! And I thought the "Big Four" banks were getting all of the silver before they made it to the tellers? Maybe it was a fresh deposit.

You need to buy a Powerball ticket RIGHT NOW!!!! Holy wow are you hitting the jackpot! Congrats!! :grin: Throw some pics up of those penny rolls and such. I'm a penny fanatic, I'd love to see 'em!

I'm at work right now, but I did take a pic after the first two rolls. All included in the pic are wheats...maybe one or two early mems that I set aside to look for errors.
picture.php

So far, I've gotten close to 300 wheaties , another Indian head(date unreadable), and a few more early teens. I still have 4more of the older rolls to to through, and no telling if the regular rolls have wheaties, as some of the older rolls had dates up to 2007 mixed in with wheaties....I can't wait to get home!

What a score. Grats on the silver.
Never thought bout searching a box of pennies. May be something to do when it stays cold.

Last edited:
Updated pics

more rolls opened...one yielded 2 indianheads! total is over 400 wheats, most common dates(that I've noticed, maybe overlooked key dates), some teens(in the bottom row of the pic), some steelies, one of which is in great condition with a strikethrough or greasy die error(on the 4), 4 indianheads, and one VDB!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for looking! :D

That is one awesome penny hunt!!!! I have never seen anything close to that. oldest I have seen in rolls was a 1918 and the most wheats I have seen in a box is 28. Are these CWR (Customer wrapped rolls) or machine rolled?

Congrats on the walker. Those are not found very often in rolls.

That is one awesome penny hunt!!!! I have never seen anything close to that. oldest I have seen in rolls was a 1918 and the most wheats I have seen in a box is 28. Are these CWR (Customer wrapped rolls) or machine rolled?

Congrats on the walker. Those are not found very often in rolls.

They're all CWR. Funny thing, because I almost requested BWR instead, but I was rushing on my lunchbreak so I took them anyway. I'm guessing someone dumped an old collection...the last 4 rolls I've opened since posting have only had 5 mems in them total...most of the wheats were 40s-50s, with one 1910.

Thanks guys! I'll post a total when I'm done unwrapping all of the rolls :)

Back
Top Bottom