Back To The Gulf

imalookin2

"In Memory Of"
Forum Supporter
Landed on the warm gulf today and got out to hunt the low tide. An hour and a half the sky fell with hail and heavy winds. Before I was run off the beach I got 37 cents in clad and a tiny 10K ring. Sounded like foil at waters edge. Nice little ring but tiny. Tomorrow is another day. CDV is taking me to his secret spot tomorrow. Actually is it a lot of guys secret spot. :laughing: I look forward to a nice day in the water. Thanks for the call Chris! Lets hook up when you can!

Good Luck to Everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_0094.jpg
    IMG_0094.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_0095.jpg
    IMG_0095.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_0096.jpg
    IMG_0096.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 446
sweet, that's a nice welcome back gift the gulf gave you. Might be able to hook up Sat or Sunday. For sure on Monday.

That's great you nailed gold before the storms came! From your description I wasn't expecting a nice channel ring! Welcome back...maybe I'll see you Friday!

Good job on the gold Greg... that ring looks like it was purchased at walmart either that or there are aquatic mice that eat gold :yes:

You might need to invest in a beer truck:lol: Leave them guys a couple gold before you head back this way:yes: I'm fixing to try out some Amphibians. Maybe I can at least find a gold tooth with a hollow cavity or something:laughing:

Good job on the gold Greg... that ring looks like it was purchased at walmart either that or there are aquatic mice that eat gold :yes:
It must be a seconds ring. You saw where they stamped it and on the final polish they dug into the stamp. It should have been rejected but someone bought it cheap to resell. It is really smaller than the photo shows. Less than a gram. Like you said, walmart. But, gold melt is gold melt. It all adds up!

Mike, we are going to try and hook up with you Friday early. Hopefully you can get off work.

Well Greg, sure is good to have you back over here... I'm glad you found that ring, it was so much fun planting it and hoping you would find it. Hardest part was figuring out where you would park and when you would get there. Then there was the calculations as to how high the water line would be knowing you wouldn't be in the water right off the bat. I took a chance that others might get it but everything worked out fine... that Greg is your welcome back present..... did you dig the bottle of beer that was next to it? That was one null you should have dug!!! :laughing:

Just kidding buddy, nice find and see you soon.

Cliff

It must be a seconds ring. You saw where they stamped it and on the final polish they dug into the stamp. It should have been rejected but someone bought it cheap to resell. It is really smaller than the photo shows. Less than a gram. Like you said, walmart. But, gold melt is gold melt. It all adds up!

Mike, we are going to try and hook up with you Friday early. Hopefully you can get off work.

You got that right... unless a ring is special...all of them are melt value to me... I have zero attachments to any of these ring finds :lol: they are just a chunk of shiny metal to me :yes:

It must be a seconds ring. You saw where they stamped it and on the final polish they dug into the stamp. It should have been rejected but someone bought it cheap to resell.

Probably like those practice golf balls. Maybe they have practice rings? :lol: Amazing the value of gold and the jewelers sometimes can't stamp one worth a darn. I got one 10k ring where half the 10k is all that stamped on the edge of the ring it was so off center. Another one I traded someone looked like it was resized by heating up a ring sizer and sliding the ring on:lol:

BAAHAHAH :laughing: your too funny. By the way i will be hunting the north end of CWB parking in 3rd space from walk path going straight out to the beach and about 10 feet in the water...Im just say....:D

QUOTE=cdv;1735261]Well Greg, sure is good to have you back over here... I'm glad you found that ring, it was so much fun planting it and hoping you would find it. Hardest part was figuring out where you would park and when you would get there. Then there was the calculations as to how high the water line would be knowing you wouldn't be in the water right off the bat. I took a chance that others might get it but everything worked out fine... that Greg is your welcome back present..... did you dig the bottle of beer that was next to it? That was one null you should have dug!!! :laughing:

Cliff[/QUOTE]

Well Greg, sure is good to have you back over here... I'm glad you found that ring, it was so much fun planting it and hoping you would find it. Hardest part was figuring out where you would park and when you would get there. Then there was the calculations as to how high the water line would be knowing you wouldn't be in the water right off the bat. I took a chance that others might get it but everything worked out fine... that Greg is your welcome back present..... did you dig the bottle of beer that was next to it? That was one null you should have dug!!! :laughing:

Cliff
If you think I am buying your lunch on that story you can forget it. :lol:

BAAHAHAH :laughing: your too funny. By the way i will be hunting the north end of CWB parking in 3rd space from walk path going straight out to the beach and about 10 feet in the water...Im just say....:D

QUOTE=cdv;1735261]Well Greg, sure is good to have you back over here... I'm glad you found that ring, it was so much fun planting it and hoping you would find it. Hardest part was figuring out where you would park and when you would get there. Then there was the calculations as to how high the water line would be knowing you wouldn't be in the water right off the bat. I took a chance that others might get it but everything worked out fine... that Greg is your welcome back present..... did you dig the bottle of beer that was next to it? That was one null you should have dug!!! :laughing:

Cliff
[/QUOTE]

Yo Ringnut....... you didn't tell me what day!!!!

:lol:

IMA.... looks like you are getting there just in time.... doesnt look like the salt mine work ive been putting in to find gold lately.

Hey Itsa.... let me know what you think about those new headphones you are checking out. I may need a pair if the skullies cant be dunked for long periods. If im not dunking them thou.... you cant beat the skullies tones.

Dew

Cliff

was it his wedding band that he threw in a ways back,,,,,:laughing:Greg, at this rate you are soon going to be too drunk to hunt,,,,,:lol:sweet find, nice welcome present,,,,All the hunters I have hunting here, I think I need to head north,,,,,,,:yes:GL HH

Back
Top Bottom