• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Decided on a NEW NOX!!!

relichead

Banned
:DGonna be putting in an order for a nox 600 SOON..i wanted to wait til it was out for at least a little while ..has anyone who has one or heard of any weaknesses or bugs with them?
Ive seen silver dollars on edge issues but that i would imagine is a software fix so im not too worried about stuff like that, mainly how is the sturdyness etc.. ?

And hows everyones depth on nox?

Thanks for replies!

Last edited:
Search through the threads for reviews. There are lots and lots of good information to be had.

I don’t own a Nox but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night!

I think the 600 is the way to go; it’s the one I would buy based on the price and what I see not enough difference in capabilities. It seems most everyone hunts in park 2 as a overall turn it on and go setting but hey what do I know I hunt with a Mojave?! Whatever you choose I am sure you find it fun to use. Good luck with the new heater and HH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The big silver on edge issue has already been fixed with the most recent software update.

My Nox 800 did develop a minor shaft wobble after a few months of use. It wasn't a huge deal, but it did irritate me so I got a Plugger shaft. Problem solved. No other issues to speak of.

Depth from the Nox is very good. It's close to my CTX on high conductors, and deeper on low conductors.

I have had the 600 for about 2 months now..

It is the real deal, My Silver finds have doubled and even hit a few nice rings and Gold with it already.

No problems as of yet and at some point it just clicks with you..
A lot of people say its a huge learning curve but honestly I didn't really find that to be true. At first I say Dig EVERYTHING, not only will you get some unusual finds but you will learn what it is telling you fairly quickly.

Good luck with your new machine, I think that you will Love it !!

I've had my 600 for a few weeks now. I'm loving it. I have about 8 hrs total use on it. Learning curve if you switching from something else is not that bad. very easy to adjust settings, However I have been mainly using park 1 and 2 factory settings. My deepest target so far was a 7-8" wheat penny. Found my first gold with it yesterday.

I've had my 600 for 5? months. I don't have a single conplaint.

Learning curve ain't bad, but it takesa lil getting used to the sounds and numbers.

Actually been considering selling off my Eagle Spectrum to get an 800.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

:DGonna be putting in an order for a nox 600 SOON..i wanted to wait til it was out for at least a little while ..has anyone who has one or heard of any weaknesses or bugs with them?
Ive seen silver dollars on edge issues but that i would imagine is a software fix so im not too worried about stuff like that, mainly how is the sturdyness etc.. ?

Thanks for replies!

I just got an 800 and am amazed the differance in the amount of quality finds I am making and how much less trash that I'm digging! You can't go wrong!

No experience with the nox but one of my machines is a Minelab Safari. Multi frequency is the way to go. Still love my T2 SE but the Safari is my go to machine. The nox is definitely a great machine from what I read. I was never a one brand detector person till my first Minelab. Many good machines out there but I'm a Minelab man now. HH everyone.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I got a 600 when they first hit the market. I loved it after a few hours but now with the 6" coil, I really love it.

I used it yesterday in the woods for over 5 hours non-stop and the battery never dropped. I turned it on this morning for a hunt and the battery finally dropped a notch. Hunted nearly 4 hours and never dropped.

Yes, I got some shaft wobble, but with the 6" coil, it isn't noticeable at all. I'll get a carbon fiber shaft at some point but I pretty much only use the 6" now anyway.

I love how it unmasks and how quiet it runs when it's balanced properly.

Found a big chuck of silver bracelet under 2 crossed iron lag bolts. It sniffed the silver around the bolts that were sitting above it. That really sold me on multi frequency.

I will say that depth can be an issue, but not the way you might think.
I dug 2 tiny pieces of barbed wire yesterday that were both over 6". They sounded good. Had to back the sens down after those.

I have two awesome detectors, Nox 600,and a T-2 green/classic.they each have their place.I use one for water,the other for land. that's the way I use them. both are great land detectors in real time. Jon

Congratulations , I'm sure you will enjoy it . If I were going to get a new detector that is the one I would get . I'm too attached to the ones I already have though .

Thanks for replies!

I have had the 800 since March 2018. Long learning curve if you really want to really understand all the capabilities. Can be overwhelming at first. If you don't need beach or gold hunting, forget the 800 and get the 600. If you have some slight hearing problems using the tone breaks to adjust frequency and volume for different target ranges is really nice, so then go with the 800.

On the 800 using tone breaks you can make this machine adjust to your hunting area and preferences. For instance on a trashy park with out discriminating you can use tone breaks to lower the pitch and volume on non coin targets and have the coins sound off loud and clear without losing depth. Adjusting the recovery speed can also clean up a trashy park in terms of hearing good targets among trash that would normally mask a good target.

Also don't get caught up in the squabbles on this and other forums between different brand and model owners. Sometimes it is just good nature kidding, and sometimes it is something else.

Back
Top Bottom