Any ideas on this item ...

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
perhaps a service pin or badge ????

See the image. The small round area on this object is the Seal of Arkansas and I think the 28 signifies years of service....one must have 28 years to retire with full pension benefits.

I just have no idea what agency would issue something like this because I have never seen one like it before!!!!

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Attachments

• badge.jpg
    badge.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 588
  • back of badge.jpg
    back of badge.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:
What does the back look like?

Looks like something that would go on a mailbox, or door to signify an address.

Doing research for you, but that is my initial thought on it.

pics of the two i found...one is a state inspector, other one says o.e. dillard badge...

One is a hat badge, other is normal

Attachments

• ark-62.gif
    ark-62.gif
    18.6 KB · Views: 446
  • ark-63.gif
    ark-63.gif
    20.7 KB · Views: 448
I know there is no way that thing was in the ground in Arkansas.:no:

Even the best soil would do "some" kind of damage to it. That thing looks new outta the package...lol

Looks like something from a hotel door, mailbox, or address marker for a post office or something. :)

It is definitly a hat badge. Probably police or security. I think the back has/had a screw in the center and morthan likely a pin post up high on the eagle. The number on it matches the police badge number. Wore one like it many years ago. I would look on the back for a makers mark. There were several manufacturers of this style. Did you dig it? Im still looking for my 1st badge find.

It is definitly a hat badge. Probably police or security. I think the back has/had a screw in the center and morthan likely a pin post up high on the eagle. The number on it matches the police badge number. Wore one like it many years ago. I would look on the back for a makers mark. There were several manufacturers of this style. Did you dig it? Im still looking for my 1st badge find.

Here it is Garel hat badge number G81 - Not sure if it is police though....

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For sixty years, GAREL Manufacturing, Inc. has been The Badge Company for Police, Fire and Emergency Response Professionals across America and worldwide. [/FONT]

That was a tough one, I was about to give up...lol I did notice that they are very slight differences, but I'm pretty sure it's the same one:yes:

Back
Top Bottom