Just A Normal Day Out Metal Detecting

beephead

Elite Member
Nothing exciting happened today. I got up and saw it wasn't raining, so I decided to head out to some sites that I've pounded hard to see what the Nokta Fors CoRe could do. I'm just getting the hang of using it and I was still wore out from doing all that digging yesterday.

I tried different settings to see how each one worked. I'm liking the Di3 the best. I played around with a discrimination setting of 10 vs 23 to see which one I liked the best. I was able to run full sensitivity most of the time. The Nokta Fors CoRe reminds me of the G2 some because of its blazing recovery spend and how stable it runs. The audio tones makes it better.

My first and only good find came when I was working along the edge of a sidewalk. I got solid lock on 88 VDI, I dug down and popped what appears to be a heavily rusted lug nut. I just knew it was going to be something good. My next target was about a foot away and it gave the same exact VDI reading of 88 and sounded exactly the same. I almost didn't dig it thinking it was going to be another rusted lug nut.

I dug down about 5 inches and popped a sterling gold filled pendant that is dated 1944. I haven't clue what 'Item Relays' is all about. Anyway it's pretty. It started raining so I headed for the house.

beephead

Attachments

• Nokta Fors Core Pendant 001.jpg
    Nokta Fors Core Pendant 001.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 181
  • Nokta Fors Core Pendant 004.jpg
    Nokta Fors Core Pendant 004.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 161
  • Nokta Fors Core Pendant 007.jpg
    Nokta Fors Core Pendant 007.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 177
  • Nokta Fors Core Pendant 013.jpg