Etrac or SE Pro

Any real differences between the Etrac and SE Pro other than the price?

I have both. The etrac updates a little faster. Swing speed is the same with both you have to swing kind of slow. The etrac has a internet hook a USB facility with XChange software, allowing you to download, save and email your favorite settings.

They both use the same technology and produce about the same. I use the explorer se pro far more. It works better for me.

I'm reading Andy's book RIGHT NOW and...

one major difference I see is that target identification is better on the E-Trac thanks to a broader CO area. The FE CO axis on the Explorer is opposite of the E-Trac and the CO axis went from 32 to 50 "units" and the FE went from 32 to 35 giving 758 MORE "identification openings (possibilities)". In other words you get 992 ID units on the Explorer and 1,750 on the E-Trac. Andy says in the book SEVERAL times that the E-Trac is a whole new machine, NOT an Explore III. There are some other differences but to me this seems the most important. Better Target ID at greater depth...

I've seen explorer SE pros go from $600 used and Etracs $800 used. To me the extra $200 is worth it to go Etrac....

But Explorer SE is no slouch...

I stand by my trusty Explorer XS ( In my opinion the best explorer model that Minelab ever produced)over the Etrac any day of the week. When you combine it with the NEL coil nothing can stop us from finding all the silver offered in the ground. Maybe, just maybe, one day I will try the CTX30/30 :D

The E-Trac also has a NEW Pinpointing circuitry and improved (Iron Mask) Quick Mask system.

I would go with the etrac if ur a serious hunter. but u cant go wrong with any minelab from what I hear. They all are great. Get what u pay for well almost lol.

Personal preference more than anything.
There are some features on the E-trac that I would like on my Explorer and there are some that I am glad are not.
To me personally the FE and CO on the Explorer makes more sense and I prefer the tones.

I've owned both and both are great detectors. The E-Trac is not just an Explorer with more options. Different technologies, different detectors. The SE is good. the E-Trac is better. Just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom