Will be doing a review on the AKA Berkut 5.15

shughey00

I have a Berkut 5.15 with dual language menus coming. It has both an English and Russian menu option.

I think this should have a lot of potential here in the US as it is one of their most affordable detectors. Less than the Sorex Pro and loaded with options.

Now it does not have a metal trash mode like the Sorex Pro and Signum but it does have an autotune speed rate to help in trash.

Now I have the previous version of this detector the Condor. It is my favorite machine many times but it was only available in Russian. Problem with that was it has double the amount of menu functions and it was tough to make changes in the field.

There are many adjustments on the Berkut not available on the other two as well as not having some the others do. You do not have the audio options as much like ST-P which sounds like an Explorer in a way but..it has more available tones as well as variability in tones.

Has the ability edit individual VDI numbers instead of an entire VDI bracket. Ability set volume on VDI groups.

Ability to filter in or out targets based on size etc.

I will do a bunch of videos on the menu and usable functions.

When using my Condor next to my Sorex and even Signum the depth was pretty much the same and on the Sorex identical.

Should be a week or two.

I know many people will be reluctant to try these but those that have most have been very happy. Can't please everyone though with one machine.
scott

Good post shughey00, thank you -

I am always on the lookout for reviews on less known machines so I look forward in hearing back from you when you start testing this detector -

Do you have a link?

I have had the pleasure of using another less known branded unit, MAKRO CF77 & have been very surprised at its performance compared to the much more fancied units we currently have on offer -

Back
Top Bottom