Fisher F75se how good is it?

Bassinsmitty

There is not much talk of this MD. When someone does talk about it it is usually good reviews. Is the F75 SE a thing of he past?

No the reason you don't hear from their owners is because they are out using them and finding the goods.

The F75 Se is a dream detector for me. I have the standard model of this machine and it is incredible. When I first started learning it I almost gave up but kept going back to it after reading more and trying to understand it. It takes time to learn but I believe it's one of the best on the market today.

To say it is a thing of the past is incredibly naive. To truly understand what this machine is capable of it won't happen in a couple days or hours or months. It takes many many hours hunting and digging many targets to truly appreciate the ability of this technology. If you are impatient and easy to quit the race...don't even start running. If you want a machine that can really amaze you if you have more between your ears than mush...then this machine will not disappoint.

LittleJohn

I have never owned a F75se but I do know that most good relic hunters own one and pull some fantastic finds from the ground. LittleJohn makes the most important point to be made when he says it takes time to learn any machine and those guys who put in hundreds of hours on their machine truly learn what it is telling them and these are the guys that are successful. I would say if you are considering buying the F75se it would be an excellent choice. Good luck.

I have an F75LTD and I love it!! I'm still learning the machine because, as said before, it's a bit complicated, but I just couldn't be happier. I just keep reading and watching videos, and it's slowly sinking in. I bought mine from Larry at NWI Detectors, one of the site sponsors. He's great! HH

I own one, it's one of the best detectors on the market for coins and relics and especially unbeatable for relic hunting. They are light, fast, deep, and give a ton of information on their large easy to read displays, oh and they also feature a pistol trigger pinpoint like the White's detectors do and run forever off 4aa batteries. It's well know as possibly the deepest relic and coin detector on the market and for it's price (usually under $1,000 new with an additional 5in coil) it's much cheaper than most of its competitors top end detectors. Every forum tends to be geared more towards one brand or another, I found that most high end detector users on here lean towards Minelabs, while other forums lean towards Fisher, and others Whites. It all depends where you go but even here the F75 is well discussed and many of us own them. In my opinion you cant go wrong with them if you like a fast, light, deep detector. I like it much more than my Explorer, however I have not had a chance to compare it to my V3i yet.

I am a Fisher fan, I keep an eye out for all information about this line and there is actually a whole lot that owners talk about and post on several forums including some great finds.
Findmall has a section devoted to the F series line and there is much written about these over there.
http://www.findmall.com/list.php?37

Not to mention the huge amount of experimentation and scientific data put out by Nasa Tom on the T2's and the F75 and all their versions which are all related and similar including the F70.
http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,2251
http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,2377,45294

I have the F70 which is the poor man's version of the F75LTD but built on the exact same architecture as the T2 and the F75 and all their versions.
Lacking a few features compared to the F75 but to me nothing of super earth shattering importance even though some F75 owners think differently.
When it comes down to the most important thing, performance, it is hard to differentiate the two when considering depth and accurate ID's at major depth in my experience so far using the same coils.

The F75SE or LTD is the flagship so all the cool things on board and all the settings possible make this one sweet unit to play with.

F75se...like everyone said, is an awesome machine. A lot of guys give up on them easily so sometimes you can snag a deal. My only complaint with it was the placement of the headphone jack

I have an F75LTD and I love it!! I'm still learning the machine because, as said before, it's a bit complicated, but I just couldn't be happier. I just keep reading and watching videos, and it's slowly sinking in. I bought mine from Larry at NWI Detectors, one of the site sponsors. He's great! HH

+1 on nwi detectors

The F75 LTD is a great detector. If someone tells you otherwise they are dead wrong. I have no complaints about getting the F75 LTD, it can keep up with any detector out there.

Love my F75. I am still learning mine, I know it tells me a lot more than I understand, which says more about me than it does about the machine I think. Its a heck of a machine.

Are there any coil suggestions?

Yeah, get the NEL Sharpshooter coil. It's small enough for those trashy places, but not too small to be able to handle those large open areas.

It has good depth and great separation.

beephead

F75se

I like my F75se and E-trac, also like playing with the light Euro Tek pro in ruff areas, all 3 machines get used 5 stars ***** on the F75se with a 5 year warranty , Earl

In the beginning it was average at best. After a year swinging it became better than average. In my second year it became top of its class. Now its graduated Harvard law, trophy wife, two kids and a beach house on Nantucket Island. :yes:

In the beginning it was average at best. After a year swinging it became better than average. In my second year it became top of its class. Now its graduated Harvard law, trophy wife, two kids and a beach house on Nantucket Island. :yes:

Well said, Sir!

I love my F75 SE. Took me a year to learn it, but now it's just like an extension of my right arm. I run it with the NEL Tornado most of the time. Excellent coil for depth and separation IMHO.

Yeah, get the NEL Sharpshooter coil. It's small enough for those trashy places, but not too small to be able to handle those large open areas.

It has good depth and great separation.

beephead

Perfect learning curve....!

Well said, Sir!

I love my F75 SE. Took me a year to learn it, but now it's just like an extension of my right arm. I run it with the NEL Tornado most of the time. Excellent coil for depth and separation IMHO.

I am curious about these NEL coils and how they compare to the stock coils. I use the stock 11 In DD, and the 6.5 in elliptical. I have been real happy with each of those, but am beginning to wonder if I am missing something?

I would not trade my F75 for anything. Stock is great, and With the 15" DD coil and a single point sling, you better be prepared to dig some deep holes. Pretty good learning curve though IMO

I've always liked Fisher tones and the way they hit targets. It's not a long drawn out beep like I've found with the Minelabs, it's more of a sharp hit the second it sweeps over the target, I can usually pinpoint without even using the pinpoint feature, it's hard to describe unless you've used both brands. Fisher has always (since I've been detecting about 20+ years ago) been known for depth, especially with the CZ line for coins and the 1266x for relics, the F75 is no different, it's super deep but seems to have been built for both coin and relic hunting. I love it, and as you can see I use 3 different brands, they all have their up sides but I love the speed, depth, and weight of the Fisher especially for relic and colonial coin hunting. I believe the reason you don't hear much talk about them on the forums is due to the fact that unlike most Minelabs and Whites, the F75 is very simple to adjust, operate, and use. The detector is very basic and doesn't need the tweaking that most other high end detectors need which is why you see more discussion and questions on V3i's, E-tracs, CTX3030's, etc.

Back
Top Bottom