sand scoop help.

flyin-lowe

Elite Member
I am looking for a sand scoop. I see many on Ebay in the 30-50 dollar range. I would only be using it a few hunts a year. I have a fresh water beach near by but it can only be hunted after Labor day. I usually go to the beach once a summer also. I don't do near enough to buy a $175.00 scoop but don't want some plastic thing that will snap with wet sand. I have an AT pro so would like to get in the water. Are there any models in that price range that will hold up to a few hours worth of scooping each year? Being in the water I am looking for something with a longer handle.

OK thanks

Like I said probably just a couple hours at the beach in North Carolina each year and then a day or so at the local FW beach, both wet and dry sand. If I lived on the coast I would invest in one that I know is built like a tank, I just don't need that right now.

LOVE my 720!

But it's a full time water hunting scoop. Even though you only hunt the water a few times a year, if you plan on getting into the water above about knee deep you'll want a long handled scoop, not a bend-over. Plan on spending 80 to 125 bucks. Don't get one of the flimsy sheet metal scoops, get one that won't bend when you step on it to dig... Probably an RTG would work best for you.

Good Luck

This one's a monster but it works great, big $$$ though...

247720_10152179556815635_1568734054_n.jpg

734794_10152412315915635_808718214_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom