2017 goals , Got any ?

Since we are dreaming, It would be nice to do a BIG YEAR...Ya know, detect on all 6 eligible Continents and Island archepelagos in between...My Butler would make the travel arrangements according to the weather and seasons ...Ship the gear ahead to the sites, arrange for lodging, airport pick up, fresh and appropriate clothing sent on ahead so a guy doesnt have to carry anything, worry about nothing, or even think much...

Then, a fellow just shows up, all his gear is waiting behind the desk of some cool little resort, along with enough of the coin of the realm enclosed for incidentals, a carton of smokes etc...When I move on, I just leave everything behind except the finds and go to the airport and on to the next location!...

Maybe even do some interesting side trips like gold panning in the Yukon or Mammoth Tusk hunting in Siberia? I'd like to do a quick jump up to the Arctic circle above Hudsons Bay, get on a jetski, and lasso a Narwhal just to saw off its tusk!...I'd also like to sneak up and shoot a large Okovango Crocodile in Africa with a 22-250...then skin him and make myself a cool vest, wallet, and a Harry Potter style pointy Wizards hat out of his tail....

I'd like to float down one of those SE Asian rivers in a native wood boat...cook a fish on the riverbank, listen to the hum of stinger motors, gentle women laughing, and the soothing hiss of a gas lantern...I'd like to find a Megalodon tooth, a large gold Nugget, an interesting rock from all places visited to remember them by...I'd like to visit the Tramontina Machete Factory in Brazil...just to say 'hello' and 'thank you'..

I'd like to have a smoke on top of a Nepalese mountain so High, I'm looking down on the clouds, and even the Zippo has a hard time pulling a flame!...I'd enjoy 'pee writing' my name in the snow at the South Pole even...I'd like to have an interesting conversation with a Hobo, and hear him play the harmonica....I'd like to sleep on a sheet of cardboard under the stars and watch the Perseids...I'd like to throw an apple at a hippy riding a bicycle...I'd like to catch a Bull Snake at Angostura Reservoir in South Dakota...I'd enjoy watching a beaver build a dam somewhere..I'd like to steal and eat a watermelon out of somebodies garden. I'd like to catch some bluegills with a cane pole, and date a Waffle House Waitress...I'd like to change a tire for a stranger...

Oh, and maybe driving to Indiana/Ohio/Wisconsin in the crappiest 16yr old car I can find and meet some of the Forum Members! I dont need a Butler to make that happen! So I'll give him a little break!... He should be relieved to hear this! He can dink around here at the Mudpuppy mansion like usual and maybe keep the silverware shiny, dust off my Bentley, or tumble clad! :laughing::laughing: I dont know what I pay this guy for, but he makes me laugh so I keep him around here, in my imagination, just in case I need somebody to talk to besides myself I suppose...
Mud

Attachments

• sept 1314-1.jpg
    sept 1314-1.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Good health and to have fun...what I dig doesn't matter and some great things usually pop up so I don't dwell on it.
Hunting with others more would be nice...part of that fun thing.

Bucket list is still long but as always a simple Barber still eludes me.
Maybe this year.

My goals are simple. #1 is to detect more. Starting to figure out my ctx pretty well so if I can find more time to detect I hope to find 75 rings (72-2016), 150 silver coins (82-2016), and 500 wheats (382-2016). I also hope I continue to meet and detect more often with the WI group of guys.

Door knocks

I feel your pain on door knocks, The first thing people think is your selling something or collecting for some cause. I find people are more approachable if you catch them out n about in their yards or on their porch. I say Hello, first off let me say I'm not here selling or collecting anything. This seems to relax them a bit and then I try my pitch. I have had some success with this approach but if anybody has a better one please let me know.

As far as goals for 2017
Make it to 2018
Still no. 1 on my most wanted a Walking Lady Liberty
A civil war token, button or buckle.
Anything old and cool maybe a gold coin n a bunch of old silvers

Back
Top Bottom