Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Make It or Fix It Yourself

Old 04-25-2021, 12:26 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Samd007 View post
I purchased my Nox in January of this year. I maintain it will and don’t drop or use it as a crutch. My “rest” under the Velcro strap that keeps it upright when setting down, split down the middle. I have seen replacements online from Australia for $50+. I can’t see why an expensive piece of equipment doesn’t have better parts. I have emailed and called Minelab but no response. So I’m wondering what size PVC pipes do I need to replace it with? Also do the 3D printer models on EBay work any better? UGH
Exact replacements are available from many US dealers and Amazon for around $20 if you don't hear back from Minelab. Something keeps nagging at my brain that says Minelab doesn't warranty the arm rests.

I have owned 5 Equinox detectors and have treated them poorly at times. No problems so far with the armrests with over 7,000 hours on two of them except for the foam padding wearing out which is something else Minelab won't warranty.

If you buy as OEM replacement, be careful making sure that it goes together easily and that the screw is not overtightened or forced. I did have to remove a little burr on the bottom half of one of the arm cuffs where the upper and lower parts of the cuff meet that made it not quite fit together properly.

Old 04-26-2021, 01:37 PM

I purchased the one from Amazon that JimR recommended, It arrived yesterday and it’s on the handle. So far I have no complaints, no response yet from ML ye. I also realize that this is an external part.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-26-2021, 04:25 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Samd007 View post
Nope, set it down and it fell over to the side. I’ve never dropped or crushed it. The shiny stuff is the Gorilla Glue. For Plastic!
What are you using hair products on a detector for?

Old 04-26-2021, 08:12 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by pryan67 View post
What are you using hair products on a detector for?

John 8:32

Equinox 800, Vanquish 440, Garrett Pro Pointer, Trex 9.5 Scoop
Tell the truth, and only of the truth.

Old 04-26-2021, 08:18 PM

Hilarious....right

Old 04-27-2021, 10:48 AM

Could this cracking be from the plastic fitment? I just got my EQ800 Saturday and the arm cuff assembly was tight fitting. If I wasn't worried about voiding the warranty I would dremel the tolerances a little. It felt like a lot of resistance tightening the bottom screw.

Old 06-13-2021, 12:22 AM
Supporter

Default Broken Armrest

Mine broke. There's a old Bounty Hunter in my bone yard that I used to replace the broken one on my NOX. It's still holding up.
HH everyone

Old 09-14-2021, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by DiggingThePNW View post
I like my Detect-Ed arm cuff.
Attachment 483542
^^^This^^^

Me too! My Nox 800 arm cuff fell apart, I lost the bottom half. Got me a Detect-Ed red Belly carbon fiber upper and lower shaft and the arm cuff. Very nice.

I am not impressed at all with the build quality of my Nox 800. They cheaped out just a little too much and it shows.