E-Trac Beach Hunting Tips needed

cibean

Hi guys.. I was hunting at the beach a couple of days back and was doing ok with the coins.. However, since it was a low tide, there was about good 20 feet long wet sand ready for hunting.. But as soon as i took my e-trac to the wet sand, very wet it was, the e-trac went haywire and started making all sorts of beeps and blurps.. i took it back to the dry sand and it got ok again..

I have been using my e-trac for about 2 months and been reading on this forum and watching videos everywhere on e-trac settings, so i am not really an expert. I am thinking of going back tomorrow and try the wet sand again.. I would really appreciate some help...

Since i live in Dubai, so it's the Arabian sea and it is very salty.. My E-Trac has a standard 10" coil and to help me get the best possible advice, please note that i used the following settings on my e-trac on dry sand and also tried using the same on wet sand:

Sensitivity: Auto +3

Audio
Threshold Level: 17
Volume gain and limit: Both 30
Response: Smooth
Tone ID:
No. of tones: Multi
Sounds: Conduct
Variability: 30
Limits: 29

Expert
Recovery Deep: On
Recovery Fast: Off
Trash Density: HIgh
Ground: Difficult
Noise Cancel: 2

Would really appreciate the best settings for dry and wet sands, and once again, they are very salty

Back
Top Bottom