* Hunch paid off! *

meggie

Elite Member
I hunted a new little washout yesterday and after finding a few sinkers there I thought there might still be a few heavy items left so I went back today for another look.
The first decent target turned out to be a plastic tackle box full of old sinkers (about 20)
The next was a faint low target, it was deep but after a few scoops I spread the sand and it was now a solid 10 and I could see it ... boom, 9ct gold bracelet, 10 grams.
Stayed another hour, scored a couple of coins & more sinkers.
So today my hunch paid off for me!

Attachments

• 20191128_151342.jpg
    20191128_151342.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 914
  • IMG_2214.jpg
    IMG_2214.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 859
  • IMG_2222.jpg
    IMG_2222.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 885
:dingding: How do you drop a box full of sinkers and not pick it up? What a nice score on that bracelet!

Last edited:
End of the year is treating you N I C E. Everyone loves a good chain or bracelet..... one of those rare targets.... and those kind have weight...congrats.

I suggest you go back and try to find the rest of that bracelet. What I see is an awfully small bracelet, or your hand is exceptionally huge. The more practical conclusion is that some of the bracelet is missing, and may be still buried in the area?

Roger

Australia has so much gold they are just throwing it in the ocean. You seem to get more gold than silver! Congrats again!!!

Nice find there! They say that where there is lead, gold is nearby. Very true in this case. Congrats on the yellow!

I hunted a new little washout yesterday and after finding a few sinkers there I thought there might still be a few heavy items left so I went back today for another look.
The first decent target turned out to be a plastic tackle box full of old sinkers (about 20)
The next was a faint low target, it was deep but after a few scoops I spread the sand and it was now a solid 10 and I could see it ... boom, 9ct gold bracelet, 10 grams.
Stayed another hour, scored a couple of coins & more sinkers.
So today my hunch paid off for me!

Way to follow up on the hunch!

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom