Wood at 17

Beachbuzz

Has anyone ever had driftwood ring up a 17 on the nox? Verified twice with the 800 on beach 2 all metal( f2 no iron sound) and my pinpointer does not ring iron either.

Attachments

• 3F948051-77C4-4456-963A-A19676D117B9.jpg
    3F948051-77C4-4456-963A-A19676D117B9.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 462
Got any friends who work security? Toss it in an x-ray. If you were closer I'd hook you up.

I have a piece of driftwood that i found that has a visible nail.

I think I will chisel away at it and see what’s inside. X-ray would be cool though.

Let us know what you find....

I have my settings tuned in for small objects. There have been a dozen occasions where small aluminum flakes (from shredded cans) have become embedded in vegetation. Each time, it befuddled me and I probably spent 5 mins pulling things apart and using my pinpointer to find the source of the BEEP. :lol:

Another source could be highly mineralized sand embedded in the wood or a decomposed piece of iron with a halo effect, e.g., micro bits of iron densley congregated in an area of the wood. As you clean the wood or as it dries and the iron dust falls off, the signal will go away.

Wrong settings!...For the NOX 800, on a salt water beach, You shoulda been set up in 'palmtree' and not 'picnic table'....no big deal, its a common error... I generally set up in 'windmill' depending on how windy it is...then, on the hunt, if I come across a picnic table or a palm tree, of course I switch!...The NOX 800 is great!

Edited by admin

1. Keep Posts in Good Taste and Respect Others
- This is a family friendly forum. Do not post rude, distasteful, obscene, violent, abusive, harassing or intimidating messages, pictures or links.
- Do not post offensive, suggestive, sexual.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have found buck shot lodged in chunks of wood before. Ill bet its a lead bullet of sorts or maybe a small piece of copper... 17 seems really high for iron...

Wrong settings!...For the NOX 800, on a salt water beach, You shoulda been set up in 'palmtree' and not 'picnic table'....no big deal, its a common error... I generally set up in 'windmill' depending on how windy it is...then, on the hunt, if I come across a picnic table or a palm tree, of course I switch!...The NOX 800 is great!

You crack me up :laughing:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom