• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Anyone in Houston, tx area? more specificly cypress?

Greenin101

I am new to the hobby, have no idea where it is legal for me to go detect without having to go place to place asking permission or something. If anyone can help with that, and if want to hunt with me let me know lol

any school playground or subdivision play area is usually fine. I would not get on the football field at then but around it would be ok. You cannot hunt any Precinct 4 parks. No signs but they will run you out. I live in Spring and hunt a few parks and schools around here. Bus stops are good too, but watch your back!! Other than that Tomball has a very good club to get into. It's on the computor. I have no vehicle but would hunt with you if you get over in this area!! Always fill in your holes and always ask permission on private property. Happy hunting!

Welcome to a great hobby

You don't it but you could not in better place to coin and felic hunt. The gang a long I-45 can't be beat. Give metaldetectingstuff.com a e-mail. They are in Spring. Tell them Norman Massey told you to look them up an to show you around. There are 25 to 30 most Friendly Hunter I ever met in the Houston area.

Last edited:
Harris County Parks

ALL HARRIS COUNTY PARKS are closed to metal detecting, but some Park Maintenance Workers choose enforce the rule or not. The No Metal Detecting started in Percint 4 then to the rest. Leave a nesty mess any of the Percints parks and see how things go south.

Check County Park's web site.

Yea it is funny the suckers down in Harris county do not want a metal detectorist around digging in the parks but hey they let all those freaky people throw get togethers on holidays down there and rat the whole areas out and leave terrible messes in them. My brother worked for over 20 years for Harris county park service and he told me some horror stories from some of the holiday weekend aftermath. Good luck, Tim

My step father was

The Head of Planning and Development for the Houston Parks Department. He started pushing a lawn mower for the parks Dept. after high school. Worked days and collage at night worked his way to to the top. Shorty after he retired the Parks Dept. stopped cutting the to east of Herman Park and that would make so mad.

Back
Top Bottom