Is township property public property?

Skoivu

A local church has been taken over from a private resident for not bringing it to code. It is scheduled to be demolished soon. My question is if its public property now that it is owned by the township?

That depends on the township. I have read on here where folks have been told to leave and if you ask they will probably tell you no.

Nobody cares where I live, they just wave at me.

A local church has been taken over from a private resident for not bringing it to code. It is scheduled to be demolished soon. My question is if its public property now that it is owned by the township?

I would learn who owns the property now, by checking out public records. Then try to contact the new owners.

If that fails, find out who's tearing the church down, and ask them if you can search the property before it becomes demolished.

Or hunt early in the morning, or late at night. If stopped just explain you're looking for a lost item. If they tell you to leave, then do so without complaining.

GL+HH

I would learn who owns the property now, by checking out public records. Then try to contact the new owners.

If that fails, find out who's tearing the church down, and ask them if you can search the property before it becomes demolished.

Or hunt early in the morning, or late at night. If stopped just explain you're looking for a lost item. If they tell you to leave, then do so without complaining.

GL+HH

Its easier to ask forgiveness than permission. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom