Tesla controversy

In 63, I believe. He's 15 years older than me. Still parties with bands backstage and won't grow up. Nothing exactly wrong with that but once you start getting DWI's and in trouble with the law, you think he'd at least calm down a little.

That sounds like something we all wished we could do, never grow up:yes:

That sounds like something we all wished we could do, never grow up:yes:

I'm sure he has plenty of stories to tell. BCK will know these guys, my uncle is in the middle. He has got me into tons of free concerts though, and it was fun for awhile.

Put them in the Iron Maiden... And Execute them.

Thought you might like this...

jF0zWyr.jpg

Now you sound like an old Moterhead, pulling an Ace of Spades out your sleeve..

Well!

You got another thing coming!

<°)))>{

Sounds like it is time for be to be heading out to the highway. If anyone tries to stop me, they will have another thing coming. I am inherently vindictive and will be screaming for vengeance.

Tesla owners knew (or should have known this) when they bought the car. Its the same as if you go to a ford dealer and decide against getting the f150 with the add ons... you pay extra if you want them, even though in many cases the add ons are pretty simple to put on. Now as far as Tesla having the ability to do this from far away, GM and onstar could theoretically do the same thing if you paid for onstar. OnStar has the ability to turn your car on off, along with other things.

People want high tech stuff, they need to read the fine print.... or at least listen to the salesman's pitch to get the extras.:laughing:

Good observations, there...

This happens across many industries. It's cheaper to mass produce with one set of tooling, than it is to have multiple SKUs. Easier to control things with a firmware update. For example, many office printers have duplexing built-in, but you cannot access it without the correct firmware. It's cheaper for the printer company to produce everything with the same set of mechanics, than it is to produce two separate printers. Load up different firmware and poof... duplexing enabled.

The same thing happens in software land, too. Do you think that Windows Home and Windows Professional aren't really the same software with different things turned "on"?

It's about pricing, making MORE money for "extra" features. (Tesla can make more money restricting to 60Kwh a 75Kwh battery than simply upping the price of every vehicle (which actually REDUCES total vehicle sales). Then, the people who want/need the extra 75Kwh actually pay a stiffer price, FAR increasing the profit margin of the company than if they'd simply given it away.

And once your fixed costs are "fixed", a concept called "price elasticity of demand" comes into play. The lower the price of something, the more demand there is. The higher the price, the less demand.

At some point, in this price/demand elasticness, there's an optimal point of driving sales. If an electric car is priced at $35,000 how many more people will buy it, or at least come in to LOOK at buying it (which then turns to sales) compared to a car that starts out at $45,000. Consider, too, how many times people actually buy the "Base model" of a vehicle. "Prices start at $24,000" they say... but then the fine print says, "Vehicle price of $34,500 as shown". Tesla knows that by pricing the base model at $35,000 they're going to attract a LOT of customers... a lot more than if they'd started the pricing (even with all the options) at $38,000 or $40,000. That drives sales. And when people show up, they're thinking, "oh really? I can get 25% more driving time for just $4,000 more? That's only $52 a month? HECK YEAH, that's cheaper than a full tank of gas in my current rig! (and then they're sold on it).

I wonder if Tesla has turned the additional supplement off yet, and restored the cheaper versions back to the original software. Wonder if the are getting any flak from these customers, instead of being grateful they were extended the additional range for awhile?

Would draining that battery that far down affect the longevity of the batteries? I would think they do everything they can to make the batteries last as long as possible, or they are a greedy heartless corporation. They did give up profits when others were raising prices so the do deserve at least an attaboy.

They have till October 1st, then Tesla owners will be sent a notification that reads,"So that you may focus on what’s most important to you, we will return your vehicle’s battery to its original capacity on Oct. 1.”

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-extends-battery-range-south-florida-october/

I think they could have came up with a better message than that, I mean c'mon Tesla? Really?

They have till October 1st, then Tesla owners will be sent a notification that reads,"So that you may focus on what’s most important to you, we will return your vehicle’s battery to its original capacity on Oct. 1.”

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-extends-battery-range-south-florida-october/

I think they could have came up with a better message than that, I mean c'mon Tesla? Really?

If you can't stay on topic, someone is going to bring out the Black Flag on this thread...

<°)))>{

How about, "Rock on, but no more extra roll for you unless you break out the (Johnny) cash!"

What? :confused: too early?

Don't take your guns to town, son... You're liable to end up in Folsom Prison singing the Cocaine Blues..

<°)))>{

Back
Top Bottom