Fisrt time purchase. Decide between

I was leaning really heavy towards the Patriot. I know im going to be using it by beaches and streams. The waterproofing was the deciding factor. I know its gonna land in stream or something given my track record with losing and breaking things. Either that or one of my kids, 7, 6 and 2 year old is gonna dunk it in the drink.

I had the F70 (Patriot) & deepest coin found was 5 1/4 inches. It did better in air tests but still it seemed to have 1,000 (?) times the power that could actually be used at least in my soil, unless I had a defective unit.

Even though I used negative ground balance & other low settings, I would get loud signals that gave coin VDIs that weren't coins & no way to tell the difference. Another poster said it could probably detect a hot rock at 10", so maybe what I heard.

Early in my AT Pro use, I got a clad dime 7" deep that IDed as dime on every pass. I really didn't have to learn much to get it & know what it was.

Maybe in other soil the results might be different.

Never owned a MD before. And I've narrowed down my choices to the Garret AT Pro and the Teknetics Patriot. I can't decide if waterproofing on the AT is worth the extra $150. Also is the coil on the patriot waterproof? I know the main unit is not.

Back
Top Bottom